2021 VHL Holiday Charity Donation Drive

bigAL

On 12/9/2021 at 9:59 PM, thadthrasher said:

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll also be donating blood to the American Red Cross on December 15th (we're hosting a blood drive at the church).

This donation will also cover @Peace.

image.png.ee45e959eef7aa48127a6e23e0604331.png

@bigAL here’s my update. Just gave blood today, December 15th

089910D9-25A9-445E-BE63-082E671B7490.thumb.jpeg.c9e283bdaf6d8150a01181630feafd91.jpeg

Well I don’t see the blood actually exiting your body, and the set looks as fake as the moon landing, but I’ll accept it. 

image.png

homophobia is embedded into our society in ways that so many people don't even recognize. the red cross, for example, doesn't allow men to donate if they have had sex with another man in the past 3 months (category Donor Deferral for Men Who Have Had Sex With Men). this ineligibility was determined near the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, which people blamed on the gay community. HIV/AIDS was referred to as the "gay plague." you can learn more about homophobia and HIV here.

outreach, inc. is a local organization that aims to educate the madison community about the damaging effects of queer violence, emphasizes the importance of understanding intersectionality, prioritizes enabling people with oppressed identities of all ages, and creates safe spaces for those who may not be able to find that elsewhere.

image.png

Edited by fishy

Just an update!

I organized an American Red Cross blood drive at our church since we have the facilities to easily hold one. It was our first ever blood drive, and it was a huge success. We were able to collect 24 units of blood, which equals out to 72 lives being saved or helped!

wD9phV7.png

This is through Island Harvest. Can't forget that families might not be able to get food on their tables during the holidays. Island Harvest is a charity based on Long Island that helps fight hunger.

This is for this: 

You thought I was done?! HA I've got some more up my sleeve.

AA9NPbO.png

Soooo....

$5 - me - @youloser1337(will claim the free week the week of the 20th)

*I've been told I'm an idiot. Sorry guys*

Edited by youloser1337