2021 VHL Holiday Bonanza

bigAL

Woooooo, 2021 is almost over. Finally. Let's celebrate the holiday season all together as a VHL community.

A quick glance at the Season Schedule will show you that Theme Week is supposed to be coming up soon, but let's scrap that and do Theme Month. We've got our 12 Days of Christmas and Holiday Charity Auction, plus lots of other fun events coming up.

This year, we've chosen The Red Cross Canada / USA as our league-supported charity. As always, you are free to donate your funds to any registered charity anywhere in the world and count it towards the auction and our total numbers. 100% of the money raised by the league will be donated to the two organizations, and the VHL will not take any cut.

In addition to the Charity Auction, we will also kick off our Donation Drive and 12 Days of Christmas. How will it all work? Essentially the same as last year, but here are the exact details for each portion of our holiday season for 2021:

Charity Drive: December 9th - 19th

Starting right now, members can begin donating. Whether you do so through the league, by donating HERE, privately to either organization, or any charitable foundation of your choosing (receipt proof required for donations made outside the league), it will all count towards the overall contribution from the league.

From that overall contribution, the league will match donations up to $500 CAD, and add that to the donations through the league, splitting the total contribution (money donated through the league + the league contribution) equally to both organizations.

Please post all confirmations of donation, including Paypals through the league, auction wins, and private donations to THIS THREAD. Any donation of $5 CAD, or more, will result in an automatic personal reward of 2 Uncapped TPE + a Full Free Week (12 Capped TPE), as well as an entry to each of the first 3 tiers of the 12 Days of Christmas Raffle.

New this season as well we will be accepting blood donations in the charity drive. Blood is in high demand all year round, but especially at this time. Give the gift of life to someone. If you schedule and follow through with an appointment to donate blood that will count the same as a $5 donation and have the same rewards outlined above and below. For proof just post a photo from during your donation, it doesn’t need to include your face if you don’t want it to, a shot of the machine or your arm or whatever is fine, we’ll take your word for it.

As this is the season of giving, members may also donate on behalf of one other user.

Holiday Charity Auction: December 10th-17th

Full contest rules are available here. Go buy something fun offered up by our community members. Auction wins will count as personal donations for the purpose of individual rewards.

There's lots of great items up for auction this year. Some are individual items, some are whole-team efforts, but all are fun things that you want to win.

12 Days of Christmas: December 10th - 21th

This year’s 12 Days of Christmas will be similar to last year’s, where there will be a daily thread to claim “tickets” into our final raffle, which will be drawn on a live stream. For this raffle, there will be 4 tiers of prizes, with each day contributing to your entry into each tier, as follows:

Dec. 10 - 12: Post in the corresponding thread each day for an entry into the Tier 1 raffle (1 ticket gained per day)

Dec. 13 - 15: Post in the corresponding thread each day for an entry into the Tier 2 raffle (1 ticket gained per day)

Dec. 16 - 18: Post in the corresponding thread each day for an entry into the Tier 3 raffle (1 ticket gained per day)

Dec. 19 - 21: Post in the corresponding thread each day for an entry into the Tier 4 raffle (1 ticket gained per day)

Number of Winners per tier:

Tier 1: 10 Winners
Tier 2: 5 Winners
Tier 3: 3 Winners
Tier 4: 1 Winner

Drunk Birb Holiday Charity Stream: December 18th @ 2PM EST

Resident VHL Streamer/Eggnog aficionado @Esso2264  will be doing a live gaming stream on Saturday, December 18th, where all proceeds will be donated/added to the overall league tally. The party starts at 2pm EST and ends at his funeral.

Rewards and Donation Milestones

As previously mentioned, there will be personal rewards to those who participate in the charity drive / holiday auction, as well as milestones to hit that will result in rewards for the community as a whole!

$5 Donation / Auction Win: 2 Uncapped TPE + Full Free Week (12 Capped TPE) + 1 Ticket to Tiers 1-3 of the 12DoC Raffle

$500 Community Donations: 2 Uncapped TPE for Everyone 
$1000 Community Donations: 4 Uncapped TPE for Everyone
$2000 Community Donations: PT Doubles Week for Everyone

$3000 Community Donations: 8 Uncapped TPE for Everyone PLUS a @Beketov Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Stream

**Disclaimer: Rewards may only be applied to players created on, or before, December 25th, 2021**

Let's do this @Members!

• Commissioner
17 minutes ago, bigAL said:

$3000 Community Donations: 8 Uncapped TPE for Everyone PLUS a @Beketov Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Stream

Pull out your wallets and make @Dil the happiest this Christmas everyone. I do not promise a quality stream by any stretch but if you can all manage it then I’ll make it happen. It’s a hefty goal but I believe in us as a community.

We can win a members underwear??? Hell yes! Setting a prime example for the COC I see! (It’s a joke, not Jardy’s underwear.. don’t get too excited) 😝

Also top prize is a stream…? I love this event (I was one who helped suggest it years ago) but come on blues! The prizes do make it fun l, the way we have them tiered and a little way for the community to bond together in order to do amazing things for people during the holiday season.. it better be maritimes zoo.. Vancouver has Free Willy and Beketov’s has Larry the Lobster!!

• Commissioner
13 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Its not under the auctions page?

Thought you’d get the dry comment but apparently not.

Considering the meme mute auction last year led to one of our most active members leaving for an extended period of time it was decided this year that auction items like that wouldn’t be included.

@Dil was a good spirit about it for sure and it raised a lot of money which is great but I’m not risking someone going inactive over a meme, it’s not worth it.

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Banackock said:

We can win a members underwear??? Hell yes! Setting a prime example for the COC I see! (It’s a joke, not Jardy’s underwear.. don’t get too excited) 😝

Also top prize is a stream…? I love this event (I was one who helped suggest it years ago) but come on blues! The prizes do make it fun l, the way we have them tiered and a little way for the community to bond together in order to do amazing things for people during the holiday season.. it better be maritimes zoo.. Vancouver has Free Willy and Beketov’s has Larry the Lobster!!

All of the reward levels up to $2000 are exactly the same as last year and we added an 8 uncapped one and something people keep asking for, I’m not entirely sure how that’s an issue but if you don’t want extra TPE you can gladly not claim it if we hit that level.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Considering the meme mute auction last year led to one of our most active members leaving for an extended period of time it was decided this year that auction items like that wouldn’t be included.

@Dil was a good spirit about it for sure and it raised a lot of money which is great but I’m not risking someone going inactive over a meme, it’s not worth it.

IMO charity is more important than that but up to you. Its just a little strange that a little meme mute is bad but someone's used underwear is ok.

Edited by Beaviss

3 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

IMO charity is more important than that but up to you. Its just a little strange that a little meme mute is bad but someone's used underwear is ok.

Woah woah… I didn’t think it was gonna be used. 

BABY GET OUT THE CHEQUE BOOK. 

homer excited price is right GIF

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Mr. Retention over here.

I get that it’s for charity but at the end of the day even for charity I have no intention of pushing our members away, that isn’t the point of this.

As for the underwear…. I personally would t have used that one but Al liked the joke. From anyone but Jardy it would have been a hard no but you know how Jardy is, he know he’s not taking it too seriously. He also has assured it’ll be sanitized in advance and he’s definitely not doing it for any sexual reasons.

Honestly I think you’re just reading into this way too hard.

55 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Mr. Retention over here.

I get that it’s for charity but at the end of the day even for charity I have no intention of pushing our members away, that isn’t the point of this.

As for the underwear…. I personally would t have used that one but Al liked the joke. From anyone but Jardy it would have been a hard no but you know how Jardy is, he know he’s not taking it too seriously. He also has assured it’ll be sanitized in advance and he’s definitely not doing it for any sexual reasons.

Honestly I think you’re just reading into this way too hard.

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

Don't make me turn this Holiday Bonanza around!

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, bigAL said:

Please post all confirmations of donation, including Paypals through the league, auction wins, and private donations to THIS THREAD. Any donation of $5 CAD, or more, will result in an automatic personal reward of 2 Uncapped TPE + a Full Free Week (12 Capped TPE), as well as an entry to each of the first 3 tiers of the 12 Days of Christmas Raffle.

2 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

Donation: $10

Transaction ID: 20858068705000475

5 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing said:

god i hate not being able to transmit my money into a hockey sim league for internet points and donations to charity.

Well that's why I donated a $10er, Gritty. Got you covered this time around.