Maxwell Mathias on San Diego.

Underclass_Hero

At this point in his career, Maxwell Mathias has been labeled as a talent with potential, and rightfully so. He's shown up with relative success so far since being drafted by San Diego, 37th overall. Some would say that it was a steal for the young defenseman. Mathias came into San Diego with open arms, even some saying that he had talks with management before even being drafted. Opening up, Mathias would happily share his thoughts with a local San Diego radio station. Below are the aforementioned words: 

dHQHj4f.png 

(Maxwell during a recent game against the Mississauga Hounds.) 

"We tend to have this conversation on a weekly basis. Honestly, I have nothing but great things to say about being in San Diego. I love it here. The people, the staff, the management, even the people running concessions -- They're all great people. I personally wouldn't have any other place to call my home while I grow in the VHLM. The truth is, when I didn't get as drafted as I wanted, I had a chip on my shoulder. We've went over this ordeal a time or two before already. It's already been said. I had the urge to get better, and I've continued to work on my game. I've tried my best to prepare myself as a cornerstone for these Marlins, until I prepare myself to be drafted to the big league. Until then, I'm going to keep doing what I do best, and that's defending, executing on those crucial power plays, and just being the best player I can for San Diego. All in all, I've grown, I've adapted, and I've shown my potential. I think it's only a matter of time before people really do start to see what I'm capable of. Maxwell Mathias is gonna be a household name. I'm going to be one of the best players in the league. VHLM, VHLE, or VHL -- It doesn't matter. I'm not going to stop. You can ALWAYS get better, and I'm gonna prove exactly that. "

Review:  Awesome article.  Succinct, well written, and good photographs with interview.  I wish I could do the graphics (still learning).  I Liked the humble interview that is typical with most hockey players.  Plus we are on the same team and so I have to give 10/10 on this.