a tale of two Brothers // Half time mark and two trades...

Daniel Janser

Swiss Central Gazzette (Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

A lot has happened since last we reported from our fellow Swiss overseas. Therefore, we will touch the matches only briefly with the results and the Jansers' stats and focus on the big news regarding both the Halifax 21st as well as the Oslo Storm.

Marcel's @Morcar80 21st has played six games:

1. 4-1 loss against Mississauga. Marcel contributed 0a, 0g, -2, 4 PIM (Roughing and High Sticking, no effect on the score), 5 hits and 2sb

2. 6-4 win against San Diego.  Marcel had 0g, 2a, +2, 2 PIM (Slashing, no goal scored against in the ensuing power play), 2 hits and 1sb

3. 4-1 loss against the Marlins. Marcel logged 0g, 0a, -2, 2 PIM (Holding Stick, did not result in a goal against), 3 hits and 2sb

4. 5-3 win against Ottawa. Marcel was recorded with 1g, 1a, +0, 2 PIM (Holding, not converted by the Lynx), 3 hits and 3sb

5. 5-4 win against the Hounds. Marcel had 1g, 0a, +1, 4 hits, 4sb and a 3rd star of the night to his name

6. 7-1 loss against the Lynx. Marcel posted 0g, 0a, -1, 3 hits, and 5sb

Halifax is now second last in the conference as well as in the VHLM and trail a playoff seed by eight points. Halifax' Management @Minion and @JardyB10 decided it was time to make a trade and moved star defender AL @bigAL together with up-and-coming center Volchenko @Austin2997 to the Reapers in exchange for rookie left wing Essen @Drew Essen, Yukon's S82 4th round, Philadelphia's S83 1st and 4th round pick. It appears, as if Halifax is considering a rebuild and Philly going for the extra fire power from the blue line in order to compete in the playoffs. For AL this is a return to the franchise he played already last season for as a free agent (together with the Janser brothers).

Daniel's Storm has also played 6 games:

1. 2-1 loss against Rome. Daniel had 0g, 0a, +1 and 1 hit

2. 6-4 win against Istanbul. Daniel was noted with 2g, 1a, -1, 2 PIM (Roughing, no effect on the score), 3 hits and 1sb

3. 7-2 win against Geneva. Daniel achieved 0g, 1a, +1 and 2 hits. Chiang @nurx had a 3g, 2a in his debut match for his new club. Way to make a first impression.

4. 4-2 loss against Vasteras. Daniel logged 0g, 0a, -1 and 4 hits. 

5. 9-1 win against the Iron Eagles. Daniel had 1g, 2a, +2, 2 PIM (Hooking, no goal scored against) and 2 hits to his name. 

6. 5-3 win against the Red Wolves. Daniel posted a 0g, 2a, +1 and 5 hits record

The Oslo Storm management @Laine and @Horcrux decided to move top scorer and most talented player, left wing Nezuko to Stockholm in exchange for right winger Chiang and Stockholm's S82 4th round pick. Sofar, mainly Oslo has profited from this deal, as Chiang has scored 16 points (5g/11a) in four games, i.e. as many points (8g/8a) as with Stockholm in 32 games. Also Daniel has re-found his scoring with the addition of Chiang to the team and is for the first time in this season above one point per game. Nezuko had underwhelming three assists in his four matches with the Vikings and seems to struggle with the new system and team mates.  

We asked the Jansers for an outlook on the second half, which they happily agreed to.

Marcel: 'I get that we traded our best defenceman away for a rebuild. Nagy was carrying this team so far and now it is up to us veteran players to step up to the plate. I think it is a good move for this young Hungarian and since he played already in Philly last season, he knows all of the facilities and the management and hence does not need much time to acclimatize. I guess it is true what they say: 'Once a Reaper, always a Reaper'. As for our situation, there is still a chance to get into the playoffs. We just need to focus on our system and doing the small things right. Finish the checks, make good passes and make the slot a nightmare environment for opposing attackers, to give our tendy a chance to stop the puck.'

Daniel: 'I am really happy that we had the opportunity to pick up Chiang. He has already proven in the VHLM that he can score (125pts in S80). Also his size and displacement helps him to get and stay into the spots where the other teams do not want us to be. This should not be taken as a slight to Nezuko, he carried our team on mulitple occasions. I think he deserves the swing at some silverware he has now playing for Stockholm.' 

Gretta Hjalmarsdottir: 'How do you feel about the fact that you are being played as a center, though you clearly are a left winger?'

Daniel: 'I will always play where the coach thinks I help the team the most. Whether this is as a forward, a defender or driving the Zamboni in the intermission, I do not care. What will not change, is the style of hockey I play. I like the gritty, physical aspects of hockey and I would be hard pressed to put on the silk glove. That is just not the kind of hockey player I am, and I think you would limit my usefulness to the team, if I was asked to change my play. I do not mind playing center. It gives me another tool to help my team and I know that players who can play all forward positions bring a lot to the table. Who knows, maybe in the future the Wranglers are shorthanded on the center position. Would it not be handy if they had a player in their roster who has already a season worth of center under his belt? As to our chances to make the playoffs I am realistic here: It would need a meltdown of epic proportions of more than one team for us to snatch one of these coveted slots. But we are a new team with not much experience on this level and I guess it would be very optimistic to expect a new franchise to be among the top four teams in its inaugural season. We pay a tutelage now, as we say in the old country and learn for the next season and from match to match we can improve step by little step.'

The brothers' stats so far are as follows:

Marcel: 36gp, 4g, 19a, 23pts, -24, 22 PIM, 43 hits, 64sb, 1gwg, 3ppg

Daniel: 36gp, 12g, 25a, 37pts, -17, 48 PIM, 121 hits, 16sb, 2gwg, 3ppg

https://vhlforum.com/topic/112905-a-tale-of-two-brothers-1st-quarter-conclusions/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/112961-a-tale-of-two-brothers-defeats/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113033-a-tale-of-two-brothers-a-mixed-bag/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113125-a-tale-of-two-brothers-marching-on/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113199-a-tale-of-two-brothers-daily-grind/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113265-phihfx-s81/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113212-stoosl-s81/

GM 151: Halifax 21st vs. Mississauga Hounds (vhlportal.com)

GM 157: San Diego Marlins vs. Halifax 21st (vhlportal.com)

GM 160: Halifax 21st vs. San Diego Marlins (vhlportal.com)

GM 167: Halifax 21st vs. Ottawa Lynx (vhlportal.com)

GM 170: Mississauga Hounds vs. Halifax 21st (vhlportal.com)

GM 176: Ottawa Lynx vs. Halifax 21st (vhlportal.com)

GM 123: Oslo Storm vs. Rome Gladiators (vhlportal.com)

GM 128: Oslo Storm vs. Istanbul Red Wolves (vhlportal.com)

GM 132: Geneva Rush vs. Oslo Storm (vhlportal.com)

GM 136: Oslo Storm vs. Vasteras Iron Eagles (vhlportal.com)

GM 140: Vasteras Iron Eagles vs. Oslo Storm (vhlportal.com)

GM 143: Oslo Storm vs. Istanbul Red Wolves (vhlportal.com)

Edited by Daniel Janser

The change of scenery was just what @nurx player needed. Hope he can be the catalyst to turn your season around in the E. Since we're in a tight race for not being the worst in the M I sadly can't wish Marcel any luck, because we need that luck in Miami.😅

2 hours ago, Shindigs said:

The change of scenery was just what @nurx player needed. Hope he can be the catalyst to turn your season around in the E. Since we're in a tight race for not being the worst in the M I sadly can't wish Marcel any luck, because we need that luck in Miami.😅

hopefully I can keep this sim luck throughout this player and land a first gen HoF

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Yeah Mississauga spoiled your party early on and since then you are trailing... not nice... I was in a similar situation last year in Mississauga and then was traded to Philly (together with my brother) and we made the playoffs... Mississauga was rockbottom and had only 2 human players left...

On 12/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, Shindigs said:

you can wish him luck now, as he is no longer with the 21st ;)

8 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

you can wish him luck now, as he is no longer with the 21st ;)

*Tanking intensifies* Best of luck then!