All Aboard the Express - Sergey Preobrazhensky

Bulduray_1

Card image cap

All Aboard the Express - Sergey Preobrazhensky

Moscow - There were mixed emotions around the league today as countless moves were made around the league in the past week. One of those trades included none other than our very own, Sergey Preobrazhensky. Yes that’s right, Sergey Preobrazhensky was heading to Cologne Express! While Geneva received Pippo Coca and a S82 Second Round pick in return for the rising young star.

This wasn’t a surprise to many although, there were many lingering signs that Geneva was going to tank and sell this season. The new expansion team knew they just couldn’t keep up with the likes of the Watchmen, Red Wolves or the Gladiators. Sergey wasn’t their only player they traded away though. The young and mighty Zaza Colors was involved in a trade between Geneva and Stockholm, in return Geneva received Brent Skimmer with an addition of a S83 1st rounder and 3rd rounder. Lastly, George Sanderson, a physical defensemen was to be joining Zaza in Stockholm, with Geneva receiving Jyuunya Pureya Oneri Desu and a S82 1st rounder. Which in result, meant that Geneva traded all of their draftees picked in the Season 81 VHLE Entry Draft that are playing in the VHLE as of right now.

I don’t blame them for sending us all out, something clearly wasn’t working out there in Geneva. Both we as players and the organization knew that rebuilding was their best option as a newly formed franchise. Whatever happened in Geneva is now in the past, I’m not here to dwell about it. I’m pumped to be a part of a contending Cologne Express, I’ll do my very best to perform to the best of my abilities and help this team and it’s fanbase to bring them the success they deserve.” Sergey announced at his press conference in Cologne.

Sergey got put on the 2nd line as a center behind his teammate Alexandre Leduc. Although visibly infuriated at being told to play below Leduc, he knew that these were the struggles of being with a new team. He had to cool his head and let his performance do the talking, and with any luck, he would move up to the 1st line.

So far, Sergey has underperformed in his standards since coming to Cologne. Scoring 11 points in 14 games, (5 goals, 6 assists), he hopes to turn his slow start around in the future. Other notable stats are 11 hits and 5 shots blocked with his tenure in Cologne.

It’s been an adventurous stay in the VHLE to say the least for Sergey Preobrazhensky, from a doozy of a draft, to being selected by a newly-made franchise with high hopes and then being shipped off to the Express. He hopes to have a mesmerizing time with the team, and help them on their road to the VHLE cup. Although playing very mediocre as of late, he hopes to kick things into high gear. All in all, although going through a rollercoaster of a ride in the VHLE, he’s excited to hop aboard the Express!

Edited by Bulduray_1

Review:  Enjoyable window into the doings of a young franchise centered on how it affects one player - Sergey Preobrazhensky - but discussing others as well.  I did click on the player links and thought that was a very nice touch.  Very readable in terms of writing (spelling, sentence structure, grammar...).  Gotta say thought - nearly a point per game performance is hardly mediocre.  9/10

12 minutes ago, KC15 said:

Gotta say thought - nearly a point per game performance is hardly mediocre.  

For Sergey it is!

Edited by Bulduray_1

Awesome update on Sergey! Very well written! Thanks for including George :). The extra effort of including the Cologne logo and player page links is high quality. Overall very enjoyable and a good read! 

10/10