The Russian fire cocktail is melting the ice in the juniors.

Dom

The Russian fire cocktail is melting the ice in the juniors.

December 20th, 2021                                                                                                                                                                       St. Petersburg, Russia

Igor Molotov, write that name down, this is a name that will be all over the VHL in a few seasons. Last night was the last game for him before taking the plane for the annual U-18 junior tournament. We were present at this game and let me tell you, this kid is special. It’s been a while since I went to a game and been that impressed, he was skating around all his opponents and made it look like there was no defense on the other team. It’s a 5 goals game for him that we assisted last night, not only he can score but he also got 3 assists over that. 8 points in an 8-1 victory, he was the one in control. After the game I managed to get an interview with him, here it is:

“You are one of the top prospects for the S83 draft, what are your thoughts about it? When did you realize it? “

“Yeah, my agent talked to me about it but it’s still in a while, for now I’m mainly focusing on my current season and the coming tournament. I can’t really think about those things on the ice if I want to give my best performance”

“Is there any VHL player that you take as a model?”

“I did watch Gobeil in Prague a lot, he inspired me into putting the efforts needed to be at my best. He was drafted 46th and look at him now, hard work is a big quality in hockey, and I intend to go on that path”

After watching him play for a while, I’d say his best qualities are his scoring ability and his maturity. When he is on the ice, he makes his whole team look better and he manage to put some extra confidence into them. The one thing he’ll need to work on is his size, he is still not very tall and big and that could be an issue in the VHL but he is still young and that is something that tend to be the case for many players at this age and get adjusted when they grow up with some good physical training. I’m looking forward to seeing what that kid can do in the future and let’s hope it will be great things!

57 minutes ago, Dom said:

The one thing he’ll need to work on is his size, he is still not very tall

Can confirm, the solution to being a manlet is to work harder!👌

Just now, Dom said:

funny thing is that I wrote this 3 weeks ago and completely forgot about the size and made a 6'8'' player lol

HOLY CLUCKING CHRIST?! HOW HARD DOES HE WORK?