Premier League Talk 2014/2015

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

You guys think Rodgers is still there when the next season starts?  Whole team played so well last season but injuries and Suarez leaving.. This season was not so great one

Edited by jRuutu

I say goodbye Brendan. If we sell Sterling(who fucking knows what's going on with that drama) appoint a new manager that has the confidence of the board to actually have a clue about transfers and what he needs to improve the team and it's future. Losing to Stoke in that manner is unacceptable and in other codes it's usually a sign of player disinterest or confidence in the team going forward...ie, who gives a shit?

I say goodbye Brendan. If we sell Sterling(who fucking knows what's going on with that drama) appoint a new manager that has the confidence of the board to actually have a clue about transfers and what he needs to improve the team and it's future. Losing to Stoke in that manner is unacceptable and in other codes it's usually a sign of player disinterest or confidence in the team going forward...ie, who gives a shit?

Yea it was a terrible way to end the season. Interesting summer coming up for sure. I would give Rodgers one more season. Few key signings and somewhat injury free season. Who knows , they could be in top 4 positions. 

I'm not sure he has a clue about what to do tactically at this end of the EPL teams. What may have worked at Swansea, might be very different(and yes, I realize 2013/14 was good, but a lot of that was Suarez) at Liverpool. I just think a proud team like this, needs a high profile manager who can help convince quality players to come to Anfield. Free transfers or over 30's won't cut it anymore in the EPL. I should know, I have spent a ton of time with FM 06-14 so I'm an expert gaffer! :rolleyes:

• Admin

He found something good with the 3-4-3 until it was found out. But so was van Gaal's 4-3-3/4-5-1 (with Fellaini and no di Maria) and no one is calling for van Gaal's head as much.

• 1 month later...

City look to be getting Sterling at £50m.

Pogba won't be going to FC Barca after they brought in another midfielder so City seem to be on point to sign him.

Kevin de Bruyne should be handing in his transfer request soon.

CTID! This is going to be a much better summer than last.