Premier League Talk 2014/2015

Phil

Idk.. since german and spanish were in here, why not bring in asian

Why would Reus go to Bayern of all places?

His buddies haha. The entire German national team will play together at one point

Giroud gave them new life it seemed. I know he has a slight injury so he wasn't starting but him with Ramsey is a deadly combo attacking in the final third.

Giroud gave them new life it seemed. I know he has a slight injury so he wasn't starting but him with Ramsey is a deadly combo attacking in the final third.

Giroud played well today, I will give credit when its due. However, he has been horrible for the past few games, and misses more opportunities than he makes. Ramsey really became a great player last season, and I am glad to see it was not a fluke. 

Giroud played well today, I will give credit when its due. However, he has been horrible for the past few games, and misses more opportunities than he makes. Ramsey really became a great player last season, and I am glad to see it was not a fluke. 

From what I've read and seen though he has been injured so it's not like his last few games are a good barometer of what he will do this season.

63.8m for Di Maria... British Transfer Record.. ManU is going in for Di Maria and i think its a bad move.. Spending all that on him when you could really use defense.. And where the hell did they get 63.8m from?? Thats like ManC type spending. What do yall think?

United have money and di Maria is great. But I hope they fail miserably. :)

amen.. but i could have sworn last season they were saying money was an issue.. and then complaining about ManC spending so much money.. I wonder if they are okay via Financial Restrictions

Di Maria isn't worth it IMO. He is not a complete player and only really provides play on the flank. He sin't even the best player on the flank in Europe.

Spurs-QPR was fun to watch from a Tottenham perspective. Never really got the point of a 5 man backline as you just give up so much pressure on the rest of the field.

It's a rarity but if you have very slow centerbacks often times teams will take a look at it in training. Also if the opposing team is very fast on the outside you may want width. Like I said it's rare, but it's usually an all defensive formation run by Serie A/B teams.

Spurs-QPR was fun to watch from a Tottenham perspective. Never really got the point of a 5 man backline as you just give up so much pressure on the rest of the field.

In some 5 back formations the LB and RB are actually LWB and RWB.. They are supposedly faster and are used at both ends of the field depending on the managers tactics. They are generally much faster but smaller than the CB so they are kinda a flex attack and defense option on the side. I personally prefer 3 CB and more MF with 1 or 2 ST (Fifa 12/14). However, ive started to try and make formations based on personnel available (when you start with teams that have a transfer budget of 10m, its difficult to do what ever you want), i find a 4 or 5 back system can be interesting and provide mutiple options for attack. In Fifa 14 with QPR, i used Luke Shaw as my LB, and it was a ton of fun creating passin triangles and thru balls with Shaw and then see him sprint up the field and cross the ball for a scoring chance.

Anyway, its nice seeing Rodwell get first team minutes in the premier league and even get a goal. There was too much talent ahead of him on ManC for him to have a legitimate chance at becoming a mainstay. I hope he does well with Sunderland

• Admin

It's not a back 5 necessarily. It's usually listed as 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2, since the wingbacks are generally supposed to be attacking. In a back 4 formation one full back is usually more attacking than the other so it often ends up being like a back 3 anyway.

But QPR's just terrible and not a good example. Neither are United.

It's not a back 5 necessarily. It's usually listed as 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2, since the wingbacks are generally supposed to be attacking. In a back 4 formation one full back is usually more attacking than the other so it often ends up being like a back 3 anyway.

But QPR's just terrible and not a good example. Neither are United.

It was Fifa 14 and i had Shaw on QPR.. lol.. i think QPR was voted as the most fun team to manage in fifa 14

Edit: Just realized this was my 1k post! lets go!!

Edited by d3vilsfire

1 (9) Tottenham Hotspur 2 2 0 0 5 0 5 6

2shim.gif (1) Chelsea 2 2 0 0 5 1 4 6

3 shim.gif(2) Swansea City 2 2 0 0 3 1 2 6

4 shim.gif(3) Arsenal 2 1 1 0 4 3 1 4

5 (8) Hull City 2 1 1 0 2 1 1 4

6 (4) Aston Villa 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 4

7 (5) Manchester City 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 3

8 (6) West Ham United 2 1 0 1 3 2 1 3

9 (7) Liverpool 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

10 (10) Everton 2 0 2 0 4 4 0 2

11 (12) Sunderland 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2

12 (11) West Bromwich Albion 2 0 2 0 2 2 0 2

13 (16) Manchester United 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1 1

14 (13) Southampton 2 0 1 1 1 2 -1 1

15 (18) Stoke City 2 0 1 1 1 2 -1 1

16 (14) Leicester City 2 0 1 1 2 4 -2 1

17 (15) Newcastle United 2 0 1 1 0 2 -2 1

18 (19) Crystal Palace 2 0 0 2 2 5 -3 0

19 (20) Burnley 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0

20 (17) Queens Park Rangers 2 0 0 2 0 5 -5 0

Tottenham being first in the league.. Savor this moment Tottenham fans.. doubt they will be atop ever again this season :D

Edited by d3vilsfire

In some 5 back formations the LB and RB are actually LWB and RWB.. They are supposedly faster and are used at both ends of the field depending on the managers tactics. They are generally much faster but smaller than the CB so they are kinda a flex attack and defense option on the side. I personally prefer 3 CB and more MF with 1 or 2 ST (Fifa 12/14). However, ive started to try and make formations based on personnel available (when you start with teams that have a transfer budget of 10m, its difficult to do what ever you want), i find a 4 or 5 back system can be interesting and provide mutiple options for attack. In Fifa 14 with QPR, i used Luke Shaw as my LB, and it was a ton of fun creating passin triangles and thru balls with Shaw and then see him sprint up the field and cross the ball for a scoring chance.

Anyway, its nice seeing Rodwell get first team minutes in the premier league and even get a goal. There was too much talent ahead of him on ManC for him to have a legitimate chance at becoming a mainstay. I hope he does well with Sunderland

Fifa 12 here, imagine how hard it is with a team with a transfer budget of about 400k (Galway United). I even created a 79 OVR LF player-manager (can play him as LAM or ST in my 4-3-2-1) and I still have ONE star of strength across the team. That said, I'm in the round of 32 of the Europa League (2 seasons in), so we'll see how it goes from here.

Fifa 12 here, imagine how hard it is with a team with a transfer budget of about 400k (Galway United). I even created a 79 OVR LF player-manager (can play him as LAM or ST in my 4-3-2-1) and I still have ONE star of strength across the team. That said, I'm in the round of 32 of the Europa League (2 seasons in), so we'll see how it goes from here.

Lol.. Fifa 12 is the only reason why i still have my xbox 360..

Dortmund is my favorite club to play with.. but I do enjoy taking a 2nd Division English team and wrecking.. or lower end Premier league team and wrecking

I do seem to Asian-ize the team though when i play with the English teams. I try to keep a homegrown player quota (even though fifa 12 doesn't have one), but besides those englishmen i usually stockpile koreans with a couple of Spaniards and Germans