Las Vegas Aces Playoff Promotional Poster

eagle_3450

Review: Saw it first in the LV LR obviously. I love it, for how clean it is. How well the background colors work with the LV logo and because GO VEGAS GO! I personally like the clean look and think it's awesome as is. But usually I tend to try and want to blend any foreground objects into the background a bit more with 6 TPE tasks. Not because I necessarily agree with it always making the graphic better, more as a way to make sure it's apparent "enough" work went into it.

Looking at this graphic the one real opportunity for that which jumps out at me is that there is a foreground to background movement of the... well whatever the cool shapes in the background are supposed to be. So using some blending to make it seem like the bluish swirl on the right hand side is actually passing by the Vegas logo foreground to background would have been a neat touch, something similar could have been done on the left hand side too. But personally I prefer it like this, honestly.

6 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Review: Saw it first in the LV LR obviously. I love it, for how clean it is. How well the background colors work with the LV logo and because GO VEGAS GO! I personally like the clean look and think it's awesome as is. But usually I tend to try and want to blend any foreground objects into the background a bit more with 6 TPE tasks. Not because I necessarily agree with it always making the graphic better, more as a way to make sure it's apparent "enough" work went into it.

Looking at this graphic the one real opportunity for that which jumps out at me is that there is a foreground to background movement of the... well whatever the cool shapes in the background are supposed to be. So using some blending to make it seem like the bluish swirl on the right hand side is actually passing by the Vegas logo foreground to background would have been a neat touch, something similar could have been done on the left hand side too. But personally I prefer it like this, honestly.

I am still experimenting with the software im using for these so expect to see them get more detailed as they go on!

REVIEW:

At first glance, I like this graphic to be honest. I think the simplistic style that you're going for works very well, and I like the text choice. There are a couple changes I would end up making though, the first change I'd make is I think I would change the background to something different, or blur the background. In my opinion, it kind of takes away a little bit from the whole picture, but it's still not too bad. Overall, I'd give this a solid 8/10 and I think with a little bit more experience and editing, you could become a great designer! Good Job!