Exploring VHFL Draft Options

Spartan

Exploring VHFL Draft Options  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all, with S81 VHFL completed, and a new season of VHFL on the horizons, I wanted to get a few tasks done with your help.

First, I'd like to explore ways to make VHFL drafts less painful, and more efficient overall. Currently, the drafts are exclusively held on the forums, and you are disqualified after two skips unless you inform me of various circumstances. However, I've gotten a decent amount of feedback about potentially hosting live drafts on Discord as well, which would help folks who don't check forums as often, or are unable to go on forums and prefer Discord due to time restrictions. Please answer the poll above, and also let me know your thoughts in the comments about ways to make the draft better.

In addition, I'd also just appreciate general feedback on VHFL, especially after the rule changes last offseason. Any comments are welcome and appreciated, and I'll do my best to reply to all of them.

I don't mind the way it is now.  Perhaps ensuring solid group managers are chosen could alleviate some of your work @Spartanrather than giving just anyone a shot (idk kinda seemed like some managers were slacking last season).

I love option 3 as well, would be all for that.

Edited by v.2

I don't mind if the picks are on Discord, but trying to do a bunch of live drafts would be rough - both on people who might not have the time to sit down and do one for 2 hours (not sure I could guarantee that personally), but also on you/whoever's trying schedule those things with like a million Doodle entries and planning for 18 different drafts. Sounds like hell to me.

Live drafts would be difficult to get every group to do. I don’t mind the way it is now but am open to discord or forum use. The skipping rules should remain the same. 

Hiring Group Managers with a good track record is a good idea as well to make sure things are run smoothly and you’re less involved with every group.

5 minutes ago, FonziGG said:

Option 3 would be terrible and not work

Also not everybody is on discord/ can't join. So option 1 and 2 remain the best

To be a bit clearer, all of VHFL wouldn't be adapting to the most popular choice. This is more to see if there is enough interest and/or need for me to implement additional options to participate in VHFL drafts.

If you prefer a regular forum draft, you would sign up as usual. If you prefer a Discord draft, you would sign up for that instead. Just options to make life easier, not how all of VHFL will go.

• Commissioner

Everything about #3 sounds absolutely horrible and in general I think discord would be really hard to keep track of rosters. If a few groups wanna use it or whatever then fine but I don’t think at all that discord should be the default.