The VHL is in need of Trivia Questions!

Beketov

• Commissioner

@Members Yes, you read that right, Trivia!

@Squidward0 has put his talents to use and has written trivia onto the portal; don’t go looking mind you, it’s not live just yet. This will allow users to not only to claim trivia immediately upon getting the answers correct (straight on the portal) but also alleviate a lot of the trivia head issues (we’ll still have someone running it, to be hired) AND allow the questions to be randomized from a pool per user so no more sharing 1 person’s answers across the whole league.

That last point does bring up an issue though: We need questions! @Victor had a bit of a stockpile of unused questions but we need more. By our estimate the question pool will need to grow by at least 20 questions per season to stay large enough so we need your help. We’ll get a more formal process going once the portal trivia is set up and running (hopefully for next season) but for now we just need things quickly so here’s how this is going to go down:

Everyone who wishes to submit a question (or questions) can do so by PMing me the question as well as 4 multiple choice answers (noting the correct one). You can do this for up to 3 questions. Questions should be as usable as possible for many seasons so please try to avoid using things that are too seasonally specific (For example who was last season’s HoF class).

We will take as many of these as are valid (ideally all of them) and put them into the question pool. When they all go in I’ll make a claim list with how many questions were used from everyone and for every question you submit that goes to the pool (again, max of 3 please) you will be given 1 uncapped TPE. I will lock this thread once we have put the questions in and are no longer accepting submissions in this manner.

Please make sure questions are sent only via forum PM and make sure the subject line reads “Portal Trivia Submission”

2 minutes ago, samx said:

I have a question. If we let's say fail one of the two questions per week or you know both of them would you be allowed to do another task to make up for it?

Of course. Just like before, getting a trivia question wrong would not change the amount of TPE you can earn in a week. It just means you can't claim the TPE from that question, and instead would make up for it from another task.

Just now, Squidward0 said:

Of course. Just like before, getting a trivia question wrong would not change the amount of TPE you can earn in a week. It just means you can't claim the TPE from that question, and instead would make up for it from another task.

well yes but trivia right answers use to come out late lol so you didn't have time to do a new task.

16 minutes ago, samx said:

well yes but trivia right answers use to come out late lol so you didn't have time to do a new task.

right, but it never changed the fact that you could do another task to make up for it

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, scoop said:

Are you sure I can't submit 50 questions?

You can if you want, you just won’t get TPE for them all.

• Josh locked and unfeatured this topic