Thoughts from a Florida Man

zepheter

Ever since my laptop literally died a couple weeks ago, I've had a hard time finding an alternative way to make graphics that would be easy for me to use. I never really became comfortable with the new programs and found myself wasting time on nothing. So, here I am, stuck brainstorming things to talk about. Even with the obvious choice to recap winning the VHLE championship with Stockholm, it wasn't the most interesting path to a cup I've been on. It would basically be about an unstoppable force met by little resistance. In an essence, that is what happened. With my three year VHL creation anniversary just around the corner in March, it got me thinking about the past. Specifically these past few seasons with my player Florida Man. If you're one of the two people that actually know who I am, you probably know how much I enjoyed my time with Seattle. The winning was great, but the locker room was better. There was always someone to talk to and the mood was positive no matter what was going on. When I started my new player, I had a feeling there was a decent chance to end up with the Bears again given where I was on the draft board. I didn't want to be that guy and flat out say I don't want to play anywhere except for Seattle, but I hinted that was something I wanted to do. Heading into the draft, I was pretty certain that I was going to Seattle. Partially because Bana was the only GM to actually show interest before the draft. To my surprise, just two picks before Seattle's, I was taken 13th overall by the LA Stars. At first, it didn't sit well with me. I was pretty disappointed and ultimately became a clicker for a majority of the season in the E. Nothing against Josh, Rory and the rest of the Stars players. I just had my sights set on a specific outcome, and when the results were different I had a poor response. I spent the next season in a league where players were putting up ridiculous point totals, while my player was seriously underperforming. When the playoffs were just around the corner I started to look at the bright side of my situation. I reflected on how I handled the disappointment of not going to the team I initially wanted to be with, and realized how important accountability is. I never really thought about it this way because, well, this is just a game. Albeit a game with a fairly significant time commitment and people relying on a lot of pieces to fall into place. Despite a last-ditch effort to get some updates in, I basically wasted a season on welfare and poor player building. Thad had put together a pretty good team that I thought could win it all. It clearly wasn't our year as we were bounced in the first round. Moving forward to the next season I decided to approach it with a more positive attitude. Even though I couldn't find time to cap out most weeks I was able to be a little more consistent in completing tasks. The team looked good, but couldn't get much going. Thad and Kisslinger made good use of future draft capital by bringing in a couple players that would ultimately make up the top forward line as well as some defensive support. After they figured out the right line combos it was mostly smooth sailing all the way to the postseason. The additions helped shoot the Vikings to the top offense in the E. As I said earlier about the playoffs, the Vikings didn't meet much resistance. They split the first two games with Cologne, then won seven straight including a sweep of Rome in the finals. Florida Man led all skaters with 9 goals, 20 points and an astounding 73 shots in the nine games played. With the last game of the Continental Cup Finals between Vancouver and Moscow later today, it won't be long until Florida Man finally makes his VHL debut with the Stars. I'm really happy about how everything is going despite losing my laptop. I just hope it doesn't hinder my ability to earn with some consistency now that I need to start catching up to the rest of the league. 

REVIEW
I enjoyed reading your thoughts on and from Florida Man! Your writing is nice and flows very well, no grammatical errors stood out either. My only real issue and proposition would be to maybe work on the formatting of your post a tad bit? Break up the text into a couple of paragraphs and it turns out much more readable and presentable! Other than that the article is top notch, interesting content and very nice writing skills on your part. I understand you usually do graphics, but definitely don't knock yourself on your writing!

8/10 

Edited by Tomat0

Review 9/10

Honestly a great read, I like that the writing style is personal and how you were honest with being disappointed but then came around and decided to get back active. Grammar and spelling look good, no real comments there. My criticism is the format, it does not look the prettiest. making it into multiple paragraphs or adding titles would make it look a little bit better and it would for sure pop out a bit more. It was really great having you in Stockholm as a teammate and a player, you were unstoppable in the playoffs and it was awesome to see. Good luck on the stars and see ya next season