Sales Finally Drinks from a Cup

thadthrasher

It’s been quite a long time since Thadius Sales, formerly known as Michael Scott, stepped out of prison as a free man. Shedding his nickname “Prison Mike,” Sales set out to turn his life around and become a professional hockey

player. As we know now, many years later, he’s been able to do that. However, Sales’ goal and expectation to become one of the greatest goaltenders in history is rather unlikely.

Sales spent 5 of his 7 VHL seasons playing for the New York Americans where his stats were mediocre at best and he only tasted playoff hockey for a total of 4 games, losing 3 of them. Thinking he would be a franchise player in New York, the trade to Vancouver wasn’t what he necessarily wanted. But, it was a move that brought him something he had always wanted, a cup.

While his cup win in S81 and the amazing season he had will certainly not be enough to propel him to Hall of Fame status, Sales was quoted as saying, “I’m just thrilled that I finally get to drink from the cup. It’s been a dream of mine for so long, and here we are.” Sales’ final hope is that he can make S82 an even better season for himself, going out with a bang and propelling himself from being a mediocre goalie to a “meh” one instead.