Siyan Yasilievich - Junior Showcase Tournament Recap

badcolethetitan

Siyan Yasilievich Junior Showcase Tournament Recap

SiyanGraphic2.thumb.PNG.698b1b9de92cbc0633d5f9689c149e97.PNG

Siyan Yasilievich was drafted 24th overall in the Junior Showcase Tournament and was also named captain to the Yukon Steel team. In the preliminaries, Siyan Yasilievich ended up putting up 6G 9A for 15 Points during the preliminaries. The Steel ended up finishing first place, and looked poised to win it all in the Junior Showcase Tournament. In the second round, the Steel went up against Team Clue, getting knocked out 3-1 in the Semi-finals, which was a bit of a disappointment for the team. Siyan in the playoffs put up 2G 5A 7PTS and a +2. We caught up with Siyan Yasilievich and asked him his thoughts on the tournament and what his future looks like heading into the VHLM Draft, to which he said, "I think I played pretty well in the Junior Showcase Tournament. I was around a point per game player and I was able to show everyone what I am truly capable of. As for the draft, I have had a couple teams contact me about being selected, but I'll be waiting for my name to be called, that's for sure!" We wish Siyan the best of luck wherever he may land, with the draft coming up in just a couple of weeks.