Landon Wolanin, The Left Winging Prodigal Nephew

jacobcarson877

Hi everyone, Landon Wolanin here. I’m sure some of you may remember my uncle, Jacob Carson. Ever since I was a little boy, I’ve been watching the VHL and waiting for my turn. Well, here I am. Although I missed my first draft I hope to find a team willing to give me a chance to show the world what I can do. I have been playing hockey since I was a little boy and I’ve always squashed what little competition I’ve had in the United States Minor Outlying Islands.

I hope to bring a fresh personality, dominant puck possession and impressive offensive vision to any locker room willing to take a bet on me. I have my uncle’s years of experience to guide my path and I’ve been hearing the stories of the VHLM and he told me that there wasn’t even a VHLE when he was playing, that’s crazy!

I may not have a lot of experience but I have so much potential and I truly think I could take the league by storm. I have been playing against adults since I was 8 years old. The beer league in town is quite competitive and I scored a goal by the time I was 12. I put up a 20 goal season by the time I was 14. When I was 16 I even got 3 MVP votes!

I started off as a goalie when I was 4, to be like my uncle. But quite frankly, I was bad at it. I ended my 10 game house-league season with a .656 SV% and a 9.43 GAA. But I did get a shutout!

I then moved to Defence when I was 6. But, I was also bad at that. My team let in a record 132 GA in 10 games. We did make the playoffs and even won the first round!

On my 8th birthday, I decided I wanted to play Left Wing. Many people get confused why I didn’t want to play Center or Right Wing, but I had a very good reason. My name of course! Not only does it rhyme like any good name does, but it also forms the initials LW! My parents MUST have planned it out like this. They just wanted to let me fail at a few positions before I assumed my destined position.

Once I took up the mantle of the Left Wing, I immediately felt more powerful. My house league team won the league, completely undefeated of course. I scored 100 points in 10 games against all of the kids who used to make fun of how bad I was. They even tried to make me the Captain, but I had to decline. It was my time to play against the adults of this town.

Despite my slow start, the adults of the town have turned me into a hockey prodigy. I owe all of my future success to them, and I simply wait now for the opportunity to repay them.

501 words, claiming week ending January 23rd

Edited by jacobcarson877

Review:

First of all I want to say I love the RP media of your character, you've done well in establishing the personality of your player and it gives me a real sense of who this player might become by the time his career is over. In terms of the media itself it is well written and easy to follow. There are a few things you can do to, "spice it up," and some of those would be adding a picture, bolding out some of the font or increasing it in size, and adding a bit more narrative (like if this media were from the perspective of a journalist interviewing your player). Overall, well done!

7/10