My Horcrux Story

samx

Hello, before I get into all the things I am going to go ahead and out a trigger warning for suicide and sexual assault. I won’t go into  detail but they both will be mentioned. I will also put further trigger warnings in front of paragraphs that sensitive topics are explicitly mentioned and you can skip over. Also, I apologize for how over the place this is about to be.

(TW sexual assault)

I honestly don’t really remember how Horcrux and I started talking but we did. I was pretty excited to see another active female in the league. They started off our conversations with a bang. Almost immediately talking about how she had been sexually assaulted and the story behind it etc. I don’t mind being there for people but we had known each other for all of 10 minutes at this point so it was a little odd but I figured they just needed to get it out there. The conversation about that led into one about sexuality where truthfully looking back the things they was saying were very strange to be telling someone you just recently met but I didn't really think too hard into it and just continued on with my day. Rereading conversations I had with them looking back is all a little strange. 

That story is a lot of what a lot of people experienced but here is where mine takes a bit of a turn. Within the time that Horcrux was here was a time where I had released my “The VHL Issue that Needs to be Addressed” article. Some nice backstory for all of you is that Horcrux was really against men. It didn’t matter who you are they probably hated you at one point or another. I mean the first day they were yelling in my DMS about Fong. Classic me in Sam fashion went along with it and let them get their anger out it was what it was. Horcrux, blade and I had a group chat for a while that Horcrux made to get all of the prominent females at the time together which I had no issue with. Blade and I, having been around for a while were sharing stories, etc. and Horcrux always was very I don’t want to say aggressive but aggressive about them. She was very passionate about this isn’t right etc. and okay some of the stuff yeah was fucked up but it’s also why my article came out. So when it came to this article… I like to think I “called out the league” in the nicest but most effective way possible. Well, Horcrux decided to make everything just a little bit more difficult by going off in the comments at people and causing other issues. There were a ton of talks between the three of us (Blade, myself, and Horcrux), mods, and blues which is what I wanted to come out of this. Horcrux being the personality that they were really enjoyed making things just ever more difficult.

There was a very long conversation that was had with fishy and the three of us which oh my god…I don’t know what Horcrux was saying but it wasn’t useful. There was a lot of thing that they said that I know I didn’t agree with at all but you couldn’t stop Horcrux once they went on their little rambles. To say the least, I am glad I had a lot of one on one conversations with mods and blues because what Horcrux was saying was not what I was feeling and is not why the article was originally written. She made that whole situation 5x more difficult and it was not fun to deal with. 

(TW suicide next paragraph)

There was a night early on when Horcrux had left all locker rooms and I sent them a message making sure everything was alright and that they didn’t need anything. We had a talk and they went offline. I think they said to watch a movie or something. I get a message the next day essentially saying I saved their life. Which is something that goes both ways for me. I am glad I was able to help but at the same time, it wasn’t something I want to hear. It made me put a lot of pressure on myself to reach out when they were having a tough time even if I wasn’t in the space to do so. Conversations with them often turned dark and I think there was some truth behind it but for me, it’s so weird for Horcrux to not be a real person. When they disappeared I truthfully thought the worst. From conversations I had with them I was scared they were gone. Part of me when we found the other account was almost relieved to just know that they weren’t dead. Yeah, they caused some crap but I would rather that than the alternative.

The oddest thing about this situation for me was how fast they turned on me. We went from talking every day to not talking at all the second I became mod. I honestly think it’s because they knew they were doing fucked things and were afraid they would get caught or something. It was so weird because once I became mod she went around telling people I was scary etc. even though literally nothing about me changed when I became mod. I am the same exact person. It was like we went from being friends to complete strangers.

The last thing I want to touch on is the night we found out. I won’t go into detail about how but it was a whirlwind of a night. Trying to explain to people what happened when you don’t quite understand what just happened was such an odd experience. I was put in charge of collecting victim/witness statements and the stories heard were some things that I will never forget. Some crazy things happened. I had a lot of people reach out just saying “I don’t know what to think” or “ I don’t understand” and it was hard for me because I was in the same boat and all I could say was I also don’t understand and I also don’t know what to think or how to feel. It was truly so odd.

The whole situation is honestly something I don’t think I have wrapped my head around. There are days where I am just like… are you real. It’s something that I know affected a lot of people and I am so happy they are gone. They caused so many issues and just knowing they cant keep causing issues makes me happy.

5 minutes ago, samx said:

went around telling people I was scary

I mean, velociraptors are kinda scary.

This whole story is just so odd, and will make it so hard to truly trust people going forward. The paranoia, at least on my end, is pretty real rn.

I feel this. 

A lot of what you’re saying happened to me as well. But of course silly me wanting to be there for everyone fell for it hook, line and sinker.

What Horcrux did was sick and disturbing. I built a “friendship” with this person, spoke daily and talked to each other about our personal lives. To find out it was all a sham and done in the way Kachur did it was a shock to the system. 

So far from what I’ve experienced with you, Sam, it is of no surprise that a person would open up to you so quickly. You’re very kind and caring and that is a beautiful way to be. Keep being you and the last thing anyone here will ever call you is scary.

It’s an interesting series of events that happened with Horcrux and the people who were affected (myself included). From my standpoint I knew something wasn’t, “right,” and once I found out the truth it was a moment of relief for me as well, because it suddenly made sense to me what had happened.

There certainly was some good that came out of the Horcrux imposter (change and understanding), and even in the betrayal there are lessons to be learned.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and also for being a beacon of light in this league. It’s people like you who make a positive impact for all of us involved.

It was a great read, Sam. Thank you for sharing with us! I am sorry that you, and so many had to experience this. It can leave some emotional scarring. You, and the whole list of people they communicated with may have actually helped/save them. They may have been using this character to communicate their pain, a cry for help. It doesn't make it right, and it leaves behind a creepy feeling but I hope Kachur is able to find the help and guidance they need. Keep being the great people you are, and extending that hand out. Like I've told you, you're a very approachable, kind person so I can see exactly why they wanted to talk to you for the period they did.

Its so screwed that someone would build all these fake relationships with people and then tear them down and it sucks you had to go through that. I'm not sure why but when I was communicating with them in DM's I got a weird feeling and stopped replying to them and it seems it was a good thing I did. 

Im sorry you had to go through all that and hopefully we can spot malicious people like this earlier!

You know the weirdest thing about it is that it went into my DMs on discord at one point and tried to start a conversation, but I was much to busy with classes at this point in the semester that I was unable to respond. I really wonder what their goal in talking to me was if the character they were playing was so anti-man. I like to think of myself as a fairly understanding an open person, but I also have to accept that I will never understand many struggles many people go through as a straight white male. Looking back it is likely that they were just trying to bait me into saying something because I had shown frustration at them earlier when I tried to explain why some of their ideas would simply not work on an online forum which I understood form my previous experience.

Defiantly some Dissociative identity disorder stuff, crazy how it can effect people.

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

old news

Still gonna go down In VHL history as something to learn on and use for future guidance. 

5 minutes ago, Zack said:

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

I’m gonna be honest Sam should have seen a red flag the moment that Hurrcrux brought up SA in their first 10 minutes of talking, that’s learning point. I think anyone can take something away from this and use it as a lesson.

Edited by Nothing but goals

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

I’m gonna be honest Sam should have seen a red flag the moment that Hurrcrux brought up SA in their first 10 minutes of talking, that’s learning point.

it is a weird thing looking back, but there are people understandably who have trouble communicating so will mention it before anything. Some victims believe that this makes them less if a human being so they believe they should let people know. However sad it is you can't look at an event in the past and say that it is obvious because it is always easy to do that.

17 minutes ago, Ben said:

I’m gonna be honest Sam should have seen a red flag the moment that Hurrcrux brought up SA in their first 10 minutes of talking, that’s learning point. I think anyone can take something away from this and use it as a lesson.

Let me give slightly more context to that. It within the first little bit of dms. We had talked briefly in a few different LRs. I am also someone who makes it abundantly clear that I will listen if someone needs to talk. Yeah it was strange to me but that's not a red flag that screams "I am in this league with ill intent". And in no way was me being sus going to be helpful especially with the things I was told. 

14 minutes ago, samx said:

Let me give slightly more context to that. It within the first little bit of dms. We had talked briefly in a few different LRs. I am also someone who makes it abundantly clear that I will listen if someone needs to talk. Yeah it was strange to me but that's not a red flag that screams "I am in this league with ill intent". And in no way was me being sus going to be helpful especially with the things I was told. 

That explains a lot, really sad that they might have lied about something like that (who knows if it happened don’t want to judge) to try to just mess things up 

22 minutes ago, nurx said:

it is a weird thing looking back, but there are people understandably who have trouble communicating so will mention it before anything. Some victims believe that this makes them less if a human being so they believe they should let people know. However sad it is you can't look at an event in the past and say that it is obvious because it is always easy  to do that.

I mean I don’t know a lot about it. I’ve only lived 14 years so I’ve got a lot to learn. If I was in sams position I probably would have done the same thing. Even though the right solution was probably recommending a therapist, Instead of putting everything on her shoulders. At the end of the day the person that suffered the most from this is Sam. Just overall crazy things that I’m still wrapping my head around.

23 hours ago, Ben said:

I’m gonna be honest Sam should have seen a red flag the moment that Hurrcrux brought up SA in their first 10 minutes of talking, that’s learning point.

Yeah I don't know if I'd necessarily classify it as a "red flag" per se. Yes it's odd, but not unheard of. My roommate had a Tinder date a couple months back, and she was...an open book, to say the least. One of the first places their conversation went was to her kinks, and when all of us went to a different friend's place later that evening, one of the first things she mentioned to one of the residents of that house (a person she literally just met), was referencing her history of SA.

The commonality here is that these people obviously have issues, but doing something "odd" or "socially unusual" certainly doesn't automatically mean that you're an imposter or anything like that.