End of the Road

Victor

• Admin

I'll keep it brief like my VHLE commish stint....

As Acyd may have spilled the beans in the past 24 hours, I am stepping down from the role, having done all the fun stuff in setting up the E from scratch and hopefully on the road for a place as a permanent staple of the VHL experience. In any case, it has been a great journey being part of one of the big innovations in the league in recent times and a very rewarding experience with lots of keen members, GMs, and of course a brilliant partner in crime in Acyd.

Acyd's work especially in the last month or so means the transition will be quite painless - I promise we were a fully functioning duo for about 80% of the way but I certainly haven't pulled my weight the last little while! Ultimately, I was looking for a spark to encourage me to recreate which I didn't have after stepping down as Moscow GM, but the spark was shortlived and now that I enter the last season of Rasputin it seems the right time to take another break. Well, less a break this time, more of a stepping back into the HOF/BOG shadows until the itch of creating a new player inevitably comes back. In any case, that's for the future and the VHLE deserves a more active presence right now.

That's about it, thanks everyone.

EEEEEEEEE

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Victor said:

I'll keep it brief like my VHLE commish stint....

As Acyd may have spilled the beans in the past 24 hours, I am stepping down from the role, having done all the fun stuff in setting up the E from scratch and hopefully on the road for a place as a permanent staple of the VHL experience. In any case, it has been a great journey being part of one of the big innovations in the league in recent times and a very rewarding experience with lots of keen members, GMs, and of course a brilliant partner in crime in Acyd.

Acyd's work especially in the last month or so means the transition will be quite painless - I promise we were a fully functioning duo for about 80% of the way but I certainly haven't pulled my weight the last little while! Ultimately, I was looking for a spark to encourage me to recreate which I didn't have after stepping down as Moscow GM, but the spark was shortlived and now that I enter the last season of Rasputin it seems the right time to take another break. Well, less a break this time, more of a stepping back into the HOF/BOG shadows until the itch of creating a new player inevitably comes back. In any case, that's for the future and the VHLE deserves a more active presence right now.

That's about it, thanks everyone.

EEEEEEEEE

Thanks for everything you did to set up the E and be my partner. Learned a few things from ya 😉. Starting the E would have been a very rocky road without you. I appreciate everything you did for the E and myself.  Sorry about the leak, definately lost my mind for a sec. You'll be missed for sure Vic. Hope we still see you in the shadows!

Thanks for all you have done for the VHLE. I hope you find peace in your time away from being a commissioner; I know for myself every interaction was pleasant and often great toward the goal of making the best of whatever situation we are in. I cannot wait for the day when your itch comes back for that will be a day for all the non-retired players to quiver in their skates. 

Victor I hate inflating your insufferable ego, but you are probably the greatest and/or most influential VHL member of all time, no joke. You’re at least Top 5 anyway, realistically.

Thank you for everything you’ve done with the VHLE, and thank you 100x more for everything you’ve done before that. The league isn’t what it is without you.

I wish you all the best in your real life endeavours. :cheers:

❤️

@VictorYou  are a true class act - from being a fellow VHL GM, to being my boss at VHLE, I have always respected your work and your passion towards VHL! 

I truly hope to see your recreate again on a dominating stride over VHL spreadsheets. Good luck in your Grey Cardinal role again, those who have been here for a bit know very well who is the rightful and true ruler of the VHL! 

Cheers! 

you shoulda seen the dead end sign at the start of the road man. Anyways, Victor you always make the right decision, so I approve of your choice! Stay active pls

Edited by GrittyIsKing