Another Decision, by Leandro Goncalves

leandrofg

In what seems to be an unprecedented marketing push for a relatively unknown overseas player entering the Free Agent pool of the Victory Hockey League, the decision regarding Leandro Goncalves' future has been dubbed "Another Decision".

This means only one thing. This kid suffers from the same egotistic and narcissistic behavior that LeBron did when he was about the same age and traded his hometown for South Beach. The resemblance is uncanny, altough LeBron did raise a couple of millions for charity... which I guess this kid won't, but at the same time you want have to watch the program for half an hour until "The" decision is made. Instead, you can simply scroll to this post's end and read the 'TLDR' section, you fricking millennial.

Who's Leandro? This might be what you're asking yourself... which you still might in the near future. Leandro, if you haven't learned already, is also known as "The Portuguese Wonder", which if you weren't on a hockey website you might confuse for a magician's nickname, but maybe he is and maybe we can call him that. 

A magician with the puck, with a knack for assists, eye for the goal, tenacity on the faceoffs, and a 'dawg' mentality on the more physical parts of the game. Of course, we must take this with a grain of salt, for his competitive level hasn't been up to par on what he's expected to face on the VHLM, but his decision means he's up for the step up in challenge and means he is indeed invested in making himself the most well-rounded player he can be before he jumps to even higher grounds.

From the presentation we had from his team, we knew, coming in, the most important things and what he was looking for in a team were a "passionate fan base" and a "right environment to develop" as a player, with "an opening where I can make a difference in the 1st or 2nd Line as well as Special Teams". At the same time, we knew only two teams were being considered, the Mississauga Hounds and the San Diego Marlins.

This leads us to the decision of the day, to which we have only a couple of short sentences to share with you written by the player itself.

"This season I'm going to take my talents up north and join the Mississauga Hounds. I feel like it's going to give me the best opportunity to win, and not only just to win in the regular season or just to win five games in a row, I want to be able to win championships. I feel like I can compete down there and I feel like Mississauga gives me the best shot at progressing in my career, and having met with Daniel [Hounds' GM] I'm sure this is the right decision!"

Well... I guess it was written by the player indeed... either that or he isn't paying his PR people to write the most original stuff in the world... that's almost word by word what LeBron said 12 years ago... what's next? Are you going to tell me he only shared this information with the team a couple of minutes before the publication of this article? 

1222436451_undefined-Imgur.gif.8a866f10c83c340ae1b91fa8b9971091.gif

TL;DR: Leandro Goncalves is the newest member of the Mississauga Hounds.

Edited by leandrofg
Formatting;

REVIEW: Ah, the decision. Funnily enough, I still remember watching that with @Squidwardwhen we were on a family vacation down the shore and being extremely annoyed with how seemingly every single commercial on ESPN/ABC leading up to it was about "the decision." But I guess that's the point, right? You want as many eyes as you can on making an important decision...like joining the Mississauga Hounds! Players with an attitude are always fun to read about, assuming they stay in character and are able to walk the walk. Good luck this season!

Overall, a solid article - 7.5/10.

I love the writing in this report. The nod to a real life event makes it even more entertaining. I enjoy the conversational style and the separation of the Player quotation not only by the obvious quotation marks but the italics as well. The GIF added to the humour of the media spot as well. Enjoy your stay in Mississauga and good luck, despite you not picking to be one of my San Diego teammates. 8/10

Edited by jacobcarson877
bump to 75