Sergey Preobrazhensky: Offseason Update

Bulduray_1

File:Euro Hockey Challenge, Switzerland vs. Russia, 22nd April 2017 41.JPG  - Wikimedia Commons

Sergey Preobrazhensky: Offseason Update

After being called up to the infamous Moscow Menace of the VHL. Sergey Preobrazhensky knew that the VHL was margins different from the VHLE talent-wise. This is why Sergey planned to go all out this year with his offseason training plan. Sergey has many aspirations in Moscow including winning a cup with his beloved team. But there always has to be work put in to reach such a goal, and that is exactly what the young forward is planning on doing. 

When Sergey was with the Marlins last year in the VHLM, he did his offseason training in Siberia while meeting friends and family for two weeks. He worked on strength and endurance off the ice. This time, Sergey plans to stay in Moscow, to develop his quickness and shooting abilities on the ice. To do this, he’s teamed up with his childhood coach, Yuri Raspopov, who has personally trained with him since the age of 12. Since his signing to the VHLM, Yuri wasn’t able to see Sergey with his stint in San Diego and Cologne. Sergey knew it was up to him to make this offseason productive, so he came back to train with Yuri once again like the good ole days. 

Sergey had been wanting to train with Yuri since he landed in Moscow several weeks back. Although he has grown to be an old man, Sergey was still persistent on the idea. His first step was to call him on the phone…

Yuri Raspopov: {Translated from Russian} “Sergey! I knew you would be back!”

Sergey Preobrazhensky: {Translated from Russian} “Indeed I am boss, I’ve just landed in Moscow a few days ago.”

Yuri Raspopov: “That’s amazing, I look forward to seeing you on television in Moscow colors. All the hard work from our training sessions has paid off greatly.”

Sergey Preobrazhensky: “Speaking of training sessions, do you have a few more training sessions in you, Yuri?”

Yuri Raspopov: “What are you implying?”

Sergey Preobrazhensky: “You know I’ve done phenomenal things with you as my trainer, I was thinking we could join forces once again. Talk and catch up with each other, while training for my VHL debut”

Yuri Raspopov: “I could definitely still train with you, but are you sure you still want me to be your trainer? I mean you are a VHL Player now, surely there are more qualified coaches to train with you.”

Sergey Preobrazhensky: “I’m 100% sure, you’re the only one I trust when it comes to training”

Yuri Raspopov: “Haha, alright then Sergey, I’ll meet you at my facility tomorrow”

The work Sergey has put in with Yuri showed astonishing results. After catching up with each other, Yuri began a strict training plan with Sergey, and boy did the results pay off. He was becoming incredibly quick on the ice. Beating his personal speed skating records around the rinks. On top of that, we’ve seen him bulk up much more, he has cut down tremendously on the fats in his body. In a few days, Sergey will step on the ice for the first time ever with Moscow. He hopes his offseason training has all paid off. Until then, it’s back to the skating rink with Yuri…

Edited by Bulduray_1

First of all, how do you pronounce Preobrazhensky anyway? That must have been absolute hell for whoever did the draft stream lol. I like how you added the part that all of their dialogue is translated from Russian, adds a bit of world building to the VHL cinematic universe.

I think your spelling/grammar was great other than the odd comma splice (used comma when there didn't need to be). For example this sentence: "To do this, he’s teamed up with his childhood coach, Yuri Raspopov, who has personally trained with him since the age of 12." 

To fix change "he's" to "he" and remove the first two commas. Overall 10/10 article barring a few minor grammar mistakes.

Edited by a_Ferk