Old Riga Vs. New Riga

lil OG z

First I want to say this will be from my experience and history with the club, I was curious to see how we stacked up against some of the best players in my franchise history.

Center 

(S70/87 OVR) :rig: Ryan Kastelic

->

(S81/79 OVR) :rig: Isau DaMoose 

It's an easy argument to make since Kastelic had the most TPE ever and his numbers were on point on both sides of the ice but I will say that DaMooses' shooting is just as good and his passing makes their builds kind of similar.. Just don't expect to see many blocking attempts or any extra efforts for the puck like we've seen in the past from our centerman, the points should be there though and only a few have been this close in skill for over 10 seasons so it will be interesting to see how much closer he can get in the final stretch of his career.

Right Wing

(S81/76 OVR) :rig: Anze Miklavs

->

(S71/82 OVR):rig: Acyd Burn

Not many big names have been in this position since joining and watching from the sidelines but an obvious rental name sticks out with Burn joining the team during a mid-season surge, it didn't work out though and with plenty of time left on the clock I can see Miklavs making history as one of the most successful right wingers in team history. He has scoring, defense and a little bit of physicality to get himself a hefty amount of minutes with a decent amount of career left.. The only thing the team will have to worry about is the expiring contract.

Left Wing 

(S69/83 OVR) :rig: Elias Dahlberg

->

(S81/73 OVR) :rig: Donny Carter

A long time ago Dahlberg was the best players on the team and everything he did offensively sparked his teammates even when he didn't have much TPE, he was also at top of plenty of categories during his time in Riga and the team hopes to see younger Carter follow in his footsteps but with passing as a main skill and a totatlly different mentality during shifts, he could possibly get himself in a debatable position for the best anyway, all he has to do is get his point totals up this season and find chemistry with a couple teammates because it looks like his build should have him dashing into the zone for many seasons to come, the potential is there.

Defender

(S81/84 OVR) :rig: Battre Sandstrom

->

(S72/86 OVR) :rig: Apollo Hackett

(S74/86 OVR) :rig: Lincoln Tate

Previous defenders have had a lot higher overall but Sandstrom joins the team at the perfect time to make a difference with a build tuned just right to produce points like a wild animal, since the team already has support from their depth position and in the past never really had a top tier shooter on the point.. He's poised to beat anything Tate or Hackett tried to do in the past in both zones and should go down as one of the best I've seen on the blueline up to this point.

Goaltender

(S69/84 OVR) :rig: Kallis Kriketers

(S71/84 OVR) :rig: Greg Eagles

->

(S81/74 OVR) :rig: Tobias Reinhart

Kritketers is one of the greatest goaltenders the league has seen and the soon to be starter Eagles must have taken notes right after because they're both still the best crease keepers we cheered for in recent team history and don't think anybody will pass them anytime soon but one thing to look forward to is a possible goaltending duo with solid prospects waiting and a rising Reinhart ready to make a name himself.

That's it and looking at the players we currently have in the line up they actually pretty close especially when the new overalls come out and only the left wing and goaltending positions need a little more oomph before writing a sentence in the history books, even if their career is completely different than the retired players from the past.

Edited by Zack

Really interesting idea for an article. I definitely appreciate the creativity in coming up with an idea for a media spot instead of simply rehashing the same general thing in a desperate TPE grab. As for the content, I know you're comparing to some of the best in Riga history, but those gaps in the overall rating are stark to look at. What it does show, though, is that Riga is a team to watch out for as long as they continue to improve, and find a way to keep their RWer around beyond the deal.

There are a couple of awkward turns of phrase in the article that made me pause for a moment, which disrupted the flow a little bit, but certainly nothing egregious. 10/10 on the strength of uniqueness. Thanks for sharing this MS concept!