Landon Wolanin and the Ducky Interviews Episode 2

jacobcarson877

image.png.8b73be7d744c593904680c0a601c0ee8.png

Oh hey Ducky how’s it going? Long time no see! Want to do another interview?

I’ve been waiting for this moment all week. The bathtub is dreadfully boring and you never play with me anymore Landon, I’ve been so lonely.

Uhh, yeah about that, got any questions for me? The team wants me doing interviews so everyone can get to know me better and I don’t know sell a few jerseys or something.

Fine, I’ll take what I can get. What is your earliest memory?

Earliest memory huh? I think I gained consciousness at Mariah’s 4th birthday party actually. A bunch of our classmates we were hanging out in the backyard in one of those bug tents and we were painting like wooden animals with glitter paint and there was like pipe cleaners and cotton balls and all that jazz. I think I painted a red elephant?

I don’t know what I expected but that certainly wasn’t it. Do you have any nicknames?

Well most of my teammates over the years have called me Left Wing. It works because my initials are LW, and yeah. Most people call me Landon Wolanin though, it just kind of rolls off the tongue nicely. I must say my parents really set me up to be a star with a name like that.

Makes sense, Ducky is a better name though. If only I got the kind of exposure that you do as a hockey player. I could really make a name for myself. But back to the questions, what have you created that you are most proud of?

Oh man, that’s a hard one. As you all know by now from the last interview, I’m a master at pottery. There’s a big serving tray I made a couple years back that is just stunning. I painted a scene of me getting ready to one time a pass. It’s definitely my best work.

image.png.6b0085e27bdc9950aa5d865588e77939.png

Cute. What makes you cry?

That was a very sudden transition wow. There are two movies that make me cry every time I see them. The first one is Good Will Hunting, which anyone who’s seen the movie should understand. The second one is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when Cedric dies. Pretty much the rest of the movie is me crying. I never really figured out why that happens but it always has.

Mine is onions. Or when you’ve left me alone for a while. Who is one of your best friends, and what do you love about them?

Well I’ve had a very solid group of friends for a few years now that I love very much and they know all of the reasons why. So, I’m going to take the opportunity to say why I love you Ducky, I feel like you need it right now. You’re my oldest friend, and you helped me learn to not be afraid of water. I once thought I lost you on a camping trip and spent 4 hours digging through the sand to find you, because I couldn’t bear not having you around.

Wow. I love you too Landon. I’m going to go cry now so I guess that’s the interview. Promise you’ll play with me more?

Of course, Ducky. I’m sorry you’ve been feeling neglected. I’ll do better.

550 words claiming week of February 6th, 2022

Edited by jacobcarson877