I find this lack of Forum Content (and Career Tasks) disturbing.

Shindigs

So fellow VHLers, we just had another ad drive. Perfect! Time for an influx of new 1st gens. Forum content will be all over the place. The S83 draft will be awesome and everything is going to be great. Or will it?

A very simple litmus test of future high TPE talent is to simply check: Who has done their career tasks? Because as a high flying TPE junkie, that's going to be happening sooner rather than later. So with that in mind, how many 1st gens have written a Junior review since the ad dropped? 0. Well then... How many PSRs? 0. Oh... If we compare this to my data from doing VHLE draft scouting that I'm 100% not going to actually compile right now since it's Friday afternoon. We can see that this isn't too far off what we saw with the S82 class. Among "real" 1st gens, I could easily count the number of people who did either VHLM level career tasks on the old fingers. If we look at the people who did both career tasks. Well, I think one hand would be more than plenty.

Sure you can finish it in your 2nd season. So it's not like people not having done it in the first week or so means it'll never happen. But not a SINGLE one written? That's probably not a sign that people want to engage with the career tasks. I just want some content, because if we go back to when I joined in Late November early December. You'd need a miracle to win a day with less than about 16 reactions. Because there was just so much going on around the forums. Sure, about half of that was just Kachur/Horcrux driving people absolutely insane. But even still, having people winning days with 5-6 reactions somewhat regularly for over a month now is a bit worrying.

This week just as an example, I wan't to read MS and .com's and start discussion in them. But there was a small splash on Monday, then just absolutely nothing since. Do I think more engaging career tasks would somehow fix this? Nope, cause there's like 4 people total who even read them if they are written. But at least it's forum content.

Currently it just feels like everyone and their mom must have dropped massive 1.5-2k word MS or 2 hour podcasts to start the year off right, then we just see absolutely nothing from anyone for weeks at a time. I know people love their multi-claims, but damn do they make the forum a much more boring place to be.

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

Do you want me to tag you for every episode of 'a tale of two Brothers' it will contain 50% Vasteras Material though since my brother plays for them...

I'm afraid I had to boycott it because of all the Västerås content for a while. It's just too scary.😱

1 minute ago, Shindigs said:

I'm afraid I had to boycott it because of all the Västerås content for a while. It's just too scary.😱

🐔

JK

Alternative solution, get him on your squad, so you would be a dope sb tag team, and then you can bask in all the glorious Bratislava Beardislava content I will be pumping out on an almost daily basis...

Edited by Daniel Janser

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

Currently it just feels like everyone and their mom must have dropped massive 1.5-2k word MS or 2 hour podcasts to start the year off right, then we just see absolutely nothing from anyone for weeks at a time. I know people love their multi-claims, but damn do they make the forum a much more boring place to be.

Come, join me on the "fuck multi-claims" train!

The lack of career tasks should not be disturbing. They are media tasks which essentially get zero interaction, the only thing they add to the league is uncapped TPE. I wish there was a way to get people to interact with them but they don't really lend themselves to that.

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

🐔

JK

Alternative solution, get him on your squad, so you would be a dope sb tag team, and then you can bask in all the glorious Bratislava Beardislava content I will be pumping out on an almost daily basis...

You bring up a fair point. But our Defense is pretty stacked as is, and growing nicely.

2 minutes ago, JeffD said:

The lack of career tasks should not be disturbing. They are media tasks which essentially get zero interaction, the only thing they add to the league is uncapped TPE. I wish there was a way to get people to interact with them but they don't really lend themselves to that.

I mean if they are good enough, they do. That's kind of the problem though. The vast majority are basically phoned in power fantasies. Though I did like the idea of I can't remember who, from I can't remember which podcast and/or post about making it so there were Graphic and podcast versions of the career tasks available too. Since as you mentioned, it's basically just a re-branded MS. So why not also have re-branded GFX and Podcasts? We all have our niches we like, so forcing the non-writers to write for their career task isn't really ideal.

2 hours ago, Shindigs said:

This week just as an example, I wan't to read MS and .com's and start discussion in them. But there was a small splash on Monday, then just absolutely nothing since. Do I think more engaging career tasks would somehow fix this? Nope, cause there's like 4 people total who even read them if they are written. But at least it's forum content.

Bring multis back JK 

1 minute ago, Lemorse7 said:

Bring multis back JK 

Alexandre and Kachur teaming up to create more forum content than your body has room for.😅

Just now, Lemorse7 said:

I'm quite lacking in point task I do them last minute now 

You used to do MS and .com every week back when you had 7 accounts. So how come you do less now? Didn't you get more time?🤔

1 minute ago, a_Ferk said:

Even during the S72-73 classes with tons of first gens the amount of people doing career tasks was probably between 5 and 10. Not that alarming

I mean fair, but it's not really "good" that you have something that people could get quite a boost from. But either don't realize they exist, or just don't want to do them. Sure pure clickers not doing it is a no-brainer. But when you have people who do a solid 10+ TPE a week not do it, or only bothering doing one of them. Then maybe it's a sign that they could use a bit of polish?

That's not my main worry though, it's how little is happening in the MS and .com sections of late.

You used to do MS and .com every week back when you had 7 accounts. So how come you do less now? Didn't you get more time?🤔

I used to almost full earn with 3 account quite easily and know I need to find some inspiration to do so with one. I still have the same amount of free time IDK I'm weird 😅

Just now, Lemorse7 said:

I used to almost full earn with 3 account quite easily and know I need to find some inspiration to do so with one. I still have the same amount of free time IDK I'm weird 😅

Maybe you just really enjoyed the subterfuge and role playing? Gotta get into some deep Leduc role playing moving forward.😅

Maybe you just really enjoyed the subterfuge and role playing? Gotta get into some deep Leduc role playing moving forward.😅

maybe I'm going to try that. Just need to create some character or bring them back In MP. What did  they became

12 minutes ago, Lemorse7 said:

maybe I'm going to try that. Just need to create some character or bring them back In MP. What did  they became

Plot twist: Juha Jarvinen is now actually a wall.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

I mean fair, but it's not really "good" that you have something that people could get quite a boost from. But either don't realize they exist, or just don't want to do them. Sure pure clickers not doing it is a no-brainer. But when you have people who do a solid 10+ TPE a week not do it, or only bothering doing one of them. Then maybe it's a sign that they could use a bit of polish?

That's not my main worry though, it's how little is happening in the MS and .com sections of late.

I don't even want to do them haha. I have a junior review I haven't done yet and it's my third season in the league