It's time for a new chapter.

Peace

This is my notice to the league. 

I am stepping down from my role as a VHL GM at the conclusion of Toronto's season (prior to the VHL Entry Draft).

Over the last few months my interest in the Victory Hockey League has taken a steep nose dive, and as a whole I've found myself growing more irritated with the league recently; it has become a chore to login. It's not fair to those on the Toronto Legion, the league or aspiring VHLM & VHLE GMs/the GM wishful that a sitting VHL GM struggles to visits the forum beyond seeing sim results, engaging in minor trades and rarely reading threads. As the GM of Toronto I had massive plans for the second rebuild I had put the team through, I had doubled down on my scouting and was drafting members I thought would be a good fit within our developing locker room. Normally I think someone here would say something along the lines of how they feel bad the Legion weren't in a position to compete, but I'll be leaving my replacement with what I consider a decent young roster.

Continuing on:

I've come to terms with myself on numerous subjects; as I get older I've noticed I have less personal patience with people, which can absolutely be attributed to the daily stresses I've had [and continue] to endure over the last couple of years and the mental pressure of those stresses; I lack the tact to deal with people and the drama -- innocent or not -- that comes with the territory of being a general manager; and frankly I'm an older soul who has more controversial opinions on the practices and strategies within the VHL.

History will remember me as a mediocre GM with no accomplishments, I accept that, but at least I'll step away with my integrity intact (and the S69 Saskatoon Wild).

Take care everyone,

- Peace 

(To whom it may concern,

Doomsday was hired as my AGM recently, we all know he's a great person and has GM experience with the VHL. I'd like to recommend him for the position if he'd like it, but I understand that decision is not mine to make.)

Edited by Peace

I just want to state for the record I'll transfer server ownership of Toronto's DLR to the individual who replaces me.

I did the same thing with Saskatoon's when I received Toronto, I don't mind doing it again. :)

Long ass tenure man, I still remember when you were promoted. 

Sorry to hear you're feeling the way you are, but kudos to you for calling it quits on your own terms when you realized it. Hopefully your interest comes back soon ❤️ Take care of yourself in the meantime. 

7 hours ago, Peace said:

I just want to state for the record I'll transfer server ownership of Toronto's DLR to the individual who replaces me.

I did the same thing with Saskatoon's when I received Toronto, I don't mind doing it again. :)

Wow, not nearly dramatic enough. These graceful and mature step downs need to end.

Great work with the team, things didn’t work out for you, but them’s the breaks sometimes. Good luck with your future endeavours!

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. 

7 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

Sorry to hear you're feeling the way you are, but kudos to you for calling it quits on your own terms when you realized it.

I probably should have stepped down a long ass time ago, I've felt this toxic grip on me for awhile now... just didn't realize it until the weight was lifted after posting my resignation. 

I don't know if I'd put you down as a mediocre GM, the Legion have had some pretty crazy teams over the last few seasons..

Sad to see you go, but glad you can recognize when you could use a little break. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, Baozi said:

Also hey i was on the team that Peace inherited. The Devise Draft pick-less Legion lol.

Exactly this. I wouldn't call you a mediocre GM at all @Peace as you inherited a team with basically nothing for picks or players and were then thrown into a plethora of huge league changes, expansions, and the like. Inside all that turmoil you still built a team that members were proud to be a part of near the end, that I feel like is a worthy accomplishment. Nothing wrong with stepping down when your feeling it's time though, sorry I only just got this. You've always been a stand up member in my book bud. :cheers: