ran'Dom' thoughts

Dom

first, let me praise myself for such an amazing pun in my title. I know, it's so funny, I'm a genius.

Self Praise GIF by Hutter Consult AG

-So, the meta is getting fixed for next season and I'm overly hyped about it. It will probably take some time to figure it all but I think this is a great change and a step in the right direction.

- I finally did fantasy zone! I'll try to not forget again.

- My player is getting drafted soon, I'm really excited about it and I look forward to see where he ends up.

- If you wonder if I'm skipping the VHLE, yes I do and it is not from hate or anything over the VHLE but rather about the hype of having 9 seasons up for my player.

- Right now I'm still wondering if I go for a physical build or not. Checking is fun but can brings a lot of PIM.

- Degroot traded for a 1st round pick is a genius move by New York that worked out well after all.

- The new attribute system is gonna pay off for max earners. I shouldn't have taken a week off in my tpe :ded:

14 hours ago, Dom said:

- The new attribute system is gonna pay off for max earners. I shouldn't have taken a week off in my tpe :ded:

In a way it is, in a way it isn't. They will be more well rounded players I'd say. But they certainly won't be able to hit too outlandish single attribute numbers, because of just how insane the update scale becomes at the top now. I for one have no plans to spend 900 TPA to get 99 DF.🤣

That being said it will be interesting to see what the difference between an 88 SC ~1k TPA player and a 80 SC ~500 TPA player will be. Since every scorer is 95-99 SC in the VHL right now we don't really know how that range will perform in the sim, right? If we assume that we see a more similar landscape to the E right now, as basically VHL players will have attributes closer to that in the future. Then we can probably safely say that the difference between 90 SC guys and 80 SC guys is less than the difference your linemates make. Because the 90 SC guys are not alone at the top in the E by any stretch, in fact quite a few of them are missing from the top.

Personally, I could certainly see a world where budget builds of some sort are still more efficient from a team wide perspective than having those big chungus guys who, yes, have a much more rounded build. But only realistically 5-10 more SC and DF, if that. At least from what I've been seeing while playing around with the tool @Spartan so kindly made, the biggest difference between a 500 TPA and 1k TPA guys isn't the Key attributes (SC/DF), it's that their SK and PH can be a solid 20 points or so higher than your average budget build. Is that enough to warrant the cap hit? Only time will tell. Will the much, much cheaper PA mean that a lot of forwards who aim at a lower TPA ceiling, will now go for a more pass heavy build? Maybe, at least those who actually want to play a playmaker. No harm in trying since you have a free re-roll anyways.🤷‍♂️

Another interesting takeaway tied to this is that for the last two seasons in the E, a 40 SC 90 PA Dman has been right at the top of the point leaderboards for Dmen, will this change mean that kind of production can be replicated by pass first Dmen at the VHL level in the future? Maybe. Especially with passing now only costing 1/3 what SC does, in practice, I'd say there is a very real possibility that incredibly pass heavy Dmen will become a lot better, especially if you're on a somewhat tight TPE budget.

14 hours ago, Dom said:

- Right now I'm still wondering if I go for a physical build or not. Checking is fun but can brings a lot of PIM.

Kinda funny how now this actually has a hint of "Can I fit CK in my build TPA wise?". Whereas before it was just a 20-40 TPE cost that otherwise would have likely been dumped into something random, or just banked.😅