Philadelphia Reapers S82 Regular Season Review - From an AGM Perspective

Philadelphia Reapers S82 Regular Season Review - From an AGM Perspective

Yasi.png

Season Review:

Coming into the season, @Masu Chan and I were put in the spotlight, to continue what @Alex had made with the Reapers last season. We were put in a pretty good spot to be honest, with a ton of draft picks and already some fairly good players on our roster, so all we had to do was not screw up the draft and we were looking good. I think most GMs can agree, that we had a great draft and going into the season, we were the favorites to win the league, with the Houston Bulls being right behind us. We started off the season super hot and I honestly felt pretty good about what we've done so far (Masu and I), it felt like we had something going and we were basically unstoppable with the roster we had. However, that was short lived as we started to encounter some issues when we would drop games to the lower teams in the league, despite outshooting them double, and putting up an insane amount of shots. I wasn't concerned at that point though, because we still were way ahead of the competition and it didn't really matter to me, every good team is eventually going to drop some games. When we were about halfway through the season, our lead of like 20 points ahead of the second place team was already gone, and we started to slip a bit in the standings. This is when I seriously was concerned that we were going to flop and basically slide down to like 4th or 5th, and then get booted in the first round. I remember each couple of days, Masu would end up changing the tactics hoping something would work, but for a majority of the season, nothing was really working for us. It took until the last couple games to finally find something that would work and we ended up sticking with it. We finished in 3rd place overall, but because of the way playoffs are structured, we actually got the 2nd seed which was a surprise. During the Draft, I remember Masu and I debating together every single player that we should potentially draft, and I'd say for a majority of the picks, we were able to get the player we wanted because of smart drafting and predicting which team would take who. There was a couple of players lower in the draft that we weren't able to get, but we did only really have early round picks so it was a bit difficult to get everyone we wanted. I still think our team is considered a favorite to win it all, and for us not to at minimum make the finals would be an absolute disaster for what we were given to start the season. I have full faith in Masu that we will go far and I'm excited to see what the playoffs will hold for us!

Good article, it was quite well said, I’m glad to hear the team picked it up as the playoffs started rolling around. I found it a little odd that you were talking about just making it to the playoffs, but just jump to the draft, I didn’t think that flowed too well. I would’ve loved to hear some of the picks you wanted, and Masu, and if you could give a small background on why you may have wanted them, just for a better blended article. I would love to hear who you ended up picking and potentially how they are doing. I think I think it was missing some substance for the viewers, but it’s a good article overall! 7.5/10