What Really Grinds my Gears

Berocka

https://news.theopenmat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/rsz_geats.png

Hi my name is Berocka and this is “What Really Grinds my Gears”

I am intending to make this a recurring segment that I will complete every 1- 5 years, so stay tuned in to hear all the hot goss.

1.       PICTURES

Pictures in career tasks are a requirement and I think it is extremely dumb. Not only does it not add at all to the article. I think it is distracting. A lot of the time I look through things and want to give an article a read. You know what you can’t read. That is right little boy/girl a bloody picture. Here is the story of my new player, they grew up in a tough neighbourhood and struggled through adversity
*PICTURE OF RANDOM DUDE HOLDING A HOCKEY STICK*
they lived a tough life but now they made it to the big show.

Like seriously how does that add anything to the article. A picture tells 1000 words they say but when the words are irrelevant it is DUMB.

2.       FORMATTING OF TEXT

So this was an issue with the new announcement of the Hybrid Attributes. Why do you need green text, spoiler you don’t. Don’t use underlining in the body of an article, an underline usually is related to a hyperlink and when you are looking for a link you look for an underline. Go read a news article or a professional report. I’ll ruin the fun for you by saying they will just use Black font and occasionally use maybe italics. Save your Bolding and Underlining for headings. Seriously it is not needed.

Lol the formatting was my fault.

I didn't think people would read those portions of the announcement otherwise so wanted to draw lots of attention to it. Could it have been done better, maybe not in green? Sure. I'll probably also use italics over underlining in the future, and maybe break stuff up into sections with headers instead of allowing it to look like an essay. 

Appreciate the feedback 😅

6 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Lol the formatting was my fault.

I didn't think people would read those portions of the announcement otherwise so wanted to draw lots of attention to it. Could it have been done better, maybe not in green? Sure. I'll probably also use italics over underlining in the future, and maybe break stuff up into sections with headers instead of allowing it to look like an essay. 

Appreciate the feedback 😅

I went to find the spreadsheet and it was like a where's Wally puzzle