Jardy's Nodesode #13: THE NEW META CHANGES FUCKING SUCK: Here's Why

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

There's adult words unsuitable for child ears. But also I encourage people of all ages to listen.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Nodesode-13-THE-NEW-META-CHANGES-FUCKING-SUCK-Heres-Why-e1fj42a

Spoiler alert: The title is actually clickbait and I like the changes overall. This podcast is mostly me discussing the new hybrid attributes, how they'll they affect me and how they'll affect the league as a whole. I do have a legitimate gripe with one part of these changes, and propose an easy solution that should be heeded and implemented immediately.

Actual arguments start being made around the 10 minute mark.

Mentions:

@Minion - 3:00

@Spade18 - 15:30

@Spartan - 15:55 (brief and tongue in cheek)

@OrbitingDeath - 16:20 (brief and tongue in cheek)

@Commissioner - 19:26-21:15 (Summary: add a Fighting only attribute you fucking goofballs)

@Zack - 21:30 (very brief mention)

Edited by JardyB10

@JardyB10thanks for the shout out my guy.

also, as an unironic fighting and leadership build I can now say that the blue team is racist against fighters and I will be unionizing and tearing this racist racist league down and will be taking this to the media.  My people will not be marginalized.

Dumb thought regarding discipline: if we’re doing hybrid attributes, could we start discipline higher (like default 50 maybe) and reduce that stat when you increase checking stats, maybe? That would make hits less frequent as a baseline, and players with a focus on checking see a more substantial impact on their stats.

Hope your pup doesn’t have too much stomach trouble from the sausages!

Edited by ctots

19 hours ago, ctots said:

Dumb thought regarding discipline: if we’re doing hybrid attributes, could we start discipline higher (like default 50 maybe) and reduce that stat when you increase checking stats, maybe? That would make hits less frequent as a baseline, and players with a focus on checking see a more substantial impact on their stats.

Hope your pup doesn’t have too much stomach trouble from the sausages!

Oh she has a belly of steel, we feed her strange things all the time. 

I think the problem with starting Discipline higher is that it gives a needless advantage to people who DON’T want Checking.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, OrbitingDeath said:

New attribute: Enforcing: 0.69 fighting 0.12 strength 

And did you really say i could earn 3200 tpe to max out?

I mean strength is already on everything, to the point that you can overcap it hard. But a .69 ratio would be Nice!🤔

"Anti-Meta Poopy"

I mean your build will change, but your type of build should be so much better next season. Obviously you'll have less of everything, but so will everyone. However 99 PA is sill possible, which makes passing a lot better than it used to be since it's no longer being countered by 99 DF. Since it will only be up against around like 81-86 DF for the most part. I don't think getting checking over 70 is going to happen for the most part, unless you really, really want to. But since everything else is lower, 70 CK is going to be comparably more CK than it is today. Since it's now a 114 TPA investment, instead of a 30 TPA investment.

At least from my understanding the biggest part of hitting a lot is having more CK than anyone else on your line/pairing, so if everyone else has less, you should still throw about as many hits. I think?🤷‍♂️
Examples from this season being that Vasile Lamb with 70 CK and Duncan Idaho with 80 CK both have more hits than Vinny Detroit with 99 CK, just cause their lines happen to work out like that.

"Fighting max at 69"

I'm so torn on this. On the one hand, 69 Fighting is very nice. On the other hand, that's a bit questionable.

"0.72 scale on LD"

This is actually a relative buff to leadership, because nothing else has a ratio that high. That's 6x the ratio of SC, compared to the 1:1 ratio today. However since everything is so expensive, finding the room to fit it in your build is a whole other story. Though at the top end of the update scale now, getting 1 DF costs 60+ TPA, and getting LD 40 -> 90 costs 70 TPA. At that point it's basically free comparably speaking.

With you (presumably) still ignoring SC, because of how expensive SC is, and because people won't cap DF anymore. You will actually be able to have more DF than most everyone else with all that extra TPE, unlike today where everyone has 99 DF anyways. So really Poopy *should* be the strongest he's ever been at doing what he's actually trying to do next season. At that point does the numerical values being lower matter?