Q&A With Dogwood Maple

dogwoodmaple

Dodge Loompaw, Associated Press/VHL.com

After his debut season in Miami ended with a first round playoff defeat, we caught up with former Marauder Dogwood Maple to discuss his first season in VHLM.

Loompaw: Dogwood, what's your main takeaway not only from the Marauders, but the league as a whole?
Maple: If there's one thing I learned, it's how competitive this league is. It's a slog just making it to the postseason and then you're up against elite team after elite team.  But that high-stress environment is countered by how welcoming and helpful everyone is, especially my teammates in Miami.

Loompaw: Going forward, do you have any preferences on which team you end up on?
Maple: Not at all.  Coming into the league, I didn't know anything about any of the teams and that hasn't really changed much. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to end up back in Miami, but I know that's out of my hands.

Loompaw: What about any goals for your first full VHLM season?
Maple: That's hard to say. Sure, it'd be awesome to lead the league in points and win the championship my first year, but that's not at all what I'm expecting. My main focus will be to improve my player and help my team win as many games as I can. Anything beyond that is bonus.

Loompaw: Last question - we head a rumor that you may have taken off with some items out of the Miami team facility. Is that true?
Maple: Did I maybe walk away with some keepsakes from my time there?  Perhaps.  

(266 words)