S82 WJC Team Canada Press Conference

Shindigs

:can: Team Canada Press Conference :can:

(Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. The WJC is just about to start, how do you feel about Team Canada's chances of winning the gold?

2. Pundits have claimed that Team Canada are the best team on paper, to which Canada GM Anthony Pratt replied "Hockey isn't played on paper, it's played on the ice!" Do you agree with this statement? Why/Why not?

3. Some of our players are back for their final shot at the WJC, how excited are you to try and help them get that gold? If you are one of those players, what would a Canada WJC gold mean for your player?

4. What is the most Canadian thing you or your player has ever done?

5. If this is your first WJC, how did it feel to get picked for Team Canada? If a returning member, what's your best advice to our first timer?

6. With the hybrid attribute change coming up this off-season, how do you feel about your future plans for your player? Excited? Confused?

@Masu Chan @KnightRiley @PoignardLeclerc11 @Johnny_HX @wcats @Jack Feriancek @Jamomayo @WereBuzzing @Komaryk @fonziGG @Mongoose87 @Spence King @Rhynex Entertainment @Ben @Tate

1: I believe our GM has assembled a really good team. I believe this is my final year that I qualify for the World Junior Championship and I'm hoping to make an impact.

2: Yes and no. I love statistics and it's hard to think of that statement and not think of the movie moneyball. Sure anything can happen out there on the ice but if you assemble a team based on statistics you'll probably end up with a good hockey team.

3: It will mean a lot to win gold on my final chance in the WJC, especially representing my home of Canada. I never had a letter on my jersey in any of my WJC appearances but it won't stop me from leading this team.

4: Waking up early in the morning, my cousin picking me up to go to the small outdoor rink and getting some Tim Hortons to drink on the way there.

5: The best advice I can give for a new player to the tournament is to just have fun. This tournament doesn't last long but it's a great opportunity to make friends and play with new players you might never get the chance to play alongside again.

6: I'm pretty excited! It's going to be a bit strange and confusing at first but I think it gives me a better shot of getting Rookie of the Year in the VHL. I want to capture at least one championship and one award through my playing career and I think Riga is one of the best chances for me to do just that.

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

1. The WJC is just about to start, how do you feel about Team Canada's chances of winning the gold?

2. Pundits have claimed that Team Canada are the best team on paper, to which Canada GM Anthony Pratt replied "Hockey isn't played on paper, it's played on the ice!" Do you agree with this statement? Why/Why not?

3. Some of our players are back for their final shot at the WJC, how excited are you to try and help them get that gold? If you are one of those players, what would a Canada WJC gold mean for your player?

5. If this is your first WJC, how did it feel to get picked for Team Canada? If a returning member, what's your best advice to our first timer?

6. With the hybrid attribute change coming up this off-season, how do you feel about your future plans for your player? Excited? Confused?

@Masu Chan @KnightRiley @PoignardLeclerc11 @Johnny_HX @wcats @Jack Feriancek @Jamomayo @WereBuzzing @Komaryk @fonziGG @Mongoose87 @Spence King @Rhynex Entertainment @Ben @Tate

1. I think we have pretty good team and we can compete against everyone. We can we it all.

2. Yes i agree with him, because on paper our team this season (the Phidadelphia Reapers) was the best, but we lost in semi-finals. The game is played on the ice.

3. It would be great if we win, it would be a great achievement for my player.

4. My hometown created the poutine, so that's pretty Canadian.

5. My best advice would be to have fun during the tournament, it's just a game so enjoy.

6. My player is great overall, so i don't think it will change that much.

Hi, not on the team, but I need to do a presser, so thanks for letting a fellow Canadian be in here. 

1. Taking a quick look at the WJC rosters, it seems like Canada has the best balance of returning talent and 1st generation hype. It's an exciting team to look at. Team Canada is probably one of the most well-rounded defensive teams in the tournament. If there's anything we know about championship play, defense wins tournaments. 

2. It will be up to the coaching staff to weaponize this monster team. I agree with the comment overall. The team, the roster, it's a group of hungry players wanting to take home gold.  That doesn't mean anything if lines don't work. When everything falls into place, be excited to be part of a fantastic experience. 

3. For those that have their final show in the WJC show - take it by the reigns and go with it. These specialty tournaments are designed to experience something unique that you otherwise couldn't. You'll also have teammates with whom you may never be in the locker room. 

4. Someone kicked a ball at me hard one day. It hurt pretty bad, hit me like right in the stomach. They started getting upset at themselves that they did it. So I did the one thing any Canadian would have done in that situation. I apologized to them. 

5.  This is neither my first nor am I a returning member. I, however, am a former WJC GM, so I think I have a good piece of advice for players. Hockey is a team game. What's best for each of you individually is what's best for the team. Sometimes your player will struggle, and lines will get shifted. Don't worry about it. The only thing that matters is staying active in the locker room. The WJC doesn't exist without people being involved and interacting with each other. 

6. I am baffled, but there will be some people way smarter than me figuring out the builds. Hopefully, the scoring era of the VHL will end, and we can get some more accurate simulation going for everyone's sake. 

On 3/25/2022 at 6:32 AM, Shindigs said:

1. I don't want to jinx anything but looking over the rosters you'd have to think we are an immediate contender.

2. I agree with that statement fully. You can get beat by anyone on any given day. Depends who shows up. Sure we could have the best roster in the tourney. But if there's no chemistry then it doesn't matter. 

3. It's the most important piece of gold you can get at this level so it's very important. I really hope I am able help bring it home for the guys and myself.

4. I mean there's a lot of day to day things that are extremely Canadian. Like going to Hortons at 530 am on your way to work. Or like drinking Pilsner on a walk in Lake Louise. Playing on an outdoor rink after the lights go out so you drive up to the edge of the ice so you can play a bit longer. 

5. I've been to this tournament every player I've created and it's just as fun and exciting every single time! My best advice to anyone here for their first time is. Just enjoy yourself. Take it all in because before you know it the tournament is over.

6. Very very confused. I had a general idea for how I wanted to build this player but that could easily go right out the window now. Who knows though maybe it'll be an easy transition or everyone will hate it and they'll switch back.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:32 AM, Shindigs said:

1. I always feel as though our chances are high. I have a lot of confidence in this team.

2. I do. Just because a team is seen as "elite" on paper doesn't mean they will perform to that same ability. Looking at an example from the NHL, nobody would have claimed the the Montreal Canadiens were a Stanley Cup finalist level team, but they made it.

3. It would mean everything to win gold for team Canada. We all work hard and deserve this.

4. I say thank you way too much.

5. Just do what you always do. You made it here by playing your way, so don't stress out about playing any specific way. Just go out there and try your hardest.

6. I am a bit confused, but also excited at the same time. I will have to pay extra attention for the next few weeks so I know what's going on.

1. I feel confident and I think we can win it all.

2. I agree. I think their are hidden talent on all teams and it will all show on the ice.

3. I am very excited and I am 100% willing to help out.

4. I have ran out in my underwear and jumped into snow for fun.

5. This is my first one and I feel amazing and I am excited to be apart of this team.

6. I am confused like really confused.

:can:Team Canada Press Conference :can:

1. After a dynamite 1st sim we lead the tournament, what do you think has been the key to our early success?

2. Our WJC rookie @Jack Feriancek put up his first International point in the third game, what words of encouragement did your player have to say to him after this achievement?

3. Our goalies have been turning on the style against our opponents, both posting elite SV% numbers. What do you have to say about their performance so far?

4. Our special teams have helped us win early, with the best PP and tied best PK% in the tournament. Who do you think will lead the team in Power Play Points at the end of the tournament?

5. Did you see @Masu Chan's Team Canada Jersey concept? If not, hope over there and show him some love by reacting to it!

6. What is your favorite real life memory of International hockey?

1. I think our goal tending and defense.

2. That’s me abs I’m happy to get my first ever point. Now I just need a goal.

3. I am proud of our team and I’m proud the boys in net are playing well.

4. I have no clue but to guess I would have to say Ashton Komaryk

5. i saw them and I love them.

6. Probably the Canadians beating Vegas.

1: It's been an all around team effort. No one on our team has a crazy amount of points but everyone is doing their part to get us a win. 

2: Scoring in this tournament is very difficult so it's very impressive to get a point so early. I only had 3 points in my first tournament and I do believe you, Jack, still have a few more points to get in this tournament.

3: Our goalies have been amazing, we wouldn't have such a good record without them and our defense. The VHL will have some amazing goalies when they get called up.

4: Ashton Komaryk has been a key part of our special teams. Considering it's only Ashton's second WJC it's very impressive how much of an absolute force they have been.

5: See them? I made them. I really like the design personally, I could've gone with the Maple Leaf but I decided to try something a little more unique...Most people were expecting a Maple Leaf after all.

6: Maple Leafs getting the 1st overall pick, selecting Matthews. Matthews putting up 4 goals in his first game...Before that I wasn't too big on Hockey because every team I liked was bad. New Jersey, Vancouver and Toronto. But that is what actually made me excited and made me a mega fan.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:32 AM, Shindigs said:

1. Well I hear lots of people say we are the no. 1 seat to win it, hopefully not jinxing anything but I like the sound of that. Would be amazing to win a gold.

2. I do because if  you watch any other sports you can see that there is lots of upsets and even in this too there are tons.

3. It would be amazing to win gold. For them for their final year and myself because I got tons of great teammates out there backing me up. 

4. Before entering the tunnel we both stopped and waited for each other and then both went to go at the same time, we both stopped.

5. I'm so honored to be picked to play for my home country, cant wait to show them what I am made of.

6. I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to VHL recently so I still have to look into the attribute changes.. LOL

12 hours ago, Shindigs said:

1. After a dynamite 1st sim we lead the tournament, what do you think has been the key to our early success?

2. Our WJC rookie @Jack Feriancek put up his first International point in the third game, what words of encouragement did your player have to say to him after this achievement?

3. Our goalies have been turning on the style against our opponents, both posting elite SV% numbers. What do you have to say about their performance so far?

4. Our special teams have helped us win early, with the best PP and tied best PK% in the tournament. Who do you think will lead the team in Power Play Points at the end of the tournament?

5. Did you see @Masu Chan's Team Canada Jersey concept? If not, hope over there and show him some love by reacting to it!

1. Excellent teammates carrying my big butt

2. It's only the beginning, now go out there and put up more points!

3. Good, very good

4. Not me. Anybody else but me.

5. No I actually haven't yet.

6. Price is right shutout Semis and Finals for Gold in Sochi

20 hours ago, Shindigs said:

1. We just have too much talent for the rest to handle.

2. You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, an irrational fear of the unknown. But there’s no such thing as the unknown — only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.

3. Shields holding at 95%.

4. James Teekirque of the United Federation of Planets Hockey Development System.

5. Hopping now, sir.

6. I have no happy memories of international hockey.