Hybrid Attributes are LIVE

Josh

• Commissioner

Hello @Members,

It's time to let you all know that hybrid attributes are available on the Portal and should be fully functional!

What this means for you: All skaters will need to rebuild their player. As seen in the announcement post here, every skater has been refunded all of their TPA. Keep in mind if your TPA =/= TPE it should be because of depreciation but please let us know of any discrepancies. Because the new system can be a bit confusing at first, we've created a tool to help plan your build ahead of time. Please find it under the "Player" menu listed as "TPA Tool". 

As with most new Portal features please let @Dil or I know of any issues you experience. 

Excited to start off this new league chapter with you all!

- @Commissioner

Spoiler

RIP PA 40 / SC 99 Meta. Never come back. 

• Commissioner

Meant to mention this before it went live but that’s okay. You may notice that your build differs slightly from what you tested with originally. Based on feedback we made a couple of changes to the attributes and ratios between the original announcement and now.

First, the passing attribute was weighted too high and made it very out of line with the others cost wise so it’s ratio has been reduced slightly.

Second, fighting was inadvertently capped very low so anyone looking to make a meme fighting build was stuck. We have rectified this by adding a solo fighting attribute in addition to it being present in grit.

Third, speaking of grit, we have kept fighting as part of the attribute because we do feel like anyone looking to get huge amounts of hitting would ultimately drop the gloves now and then but we did hear the complaints about it being weighted too heavily so we have reduced fighting’s effect in grit.

Overall the changes end up as:

Hybrid Passing: Passing 0.38 -> 0.32
Hybrid Grit: Fighting 0.3 -> 0.24
Hybrid Fighting: Fighting 0.3

I applied all my TPA and it was smooth and I did get what I tested beforehand in terms of 'real' attributes. A little feedback for a potential improvement for future 'mass application' of TPE (which hopefully will not happen that soon again): Is it possible to allow TPE application in batches (like in SBA for example), rather than clicking for each TPE individually? Or manually enter the targeted amount of TPE applied to each attribute? I mean my 584 TPE were negotiable, but imagine Ryan Kastelic re-applying all his TPE... I know this is complaining on a very high level and you did a good job to transition as smooth as it was. It would be a convenience, that, in view of possible rerolls in the next three seasons, might be worthwhile considering (if technically doable of course). Thanks again to anybody involved for your hard work on this. 

Nice to see that Stick Checking got name changed to Poke Checking, because it would have been a blast dealing with two attributes abbreviated SC existing at once.😅

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Nice to see that Stick Checking got name changed to Poke Checking, because it would have been a blast dealing with two attributes abbreviated SC existing at once.😅

Forgot we made that change haha. Yeah we thought it might be a tad confusing to have them be the same abbreviation.

• Commissioner

@Dil / @Josh PO and PC are appearing in goalie updating which should be hidden as it was before. Although we have to test how much PC can do that can come later.

For now anyone with a goalie please do not touch these categories.

The implementation of this was faster and smoother than I could have imagined! Big thanks to Joshua and whomever else (DIL I GUESS) for their good wizardry work with this. :cheers: 

Edited by JardyB10

3 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

A sincere Thank You to whomever made the decision/did the work to display both the current attributes and the ratios on the update page

Aren't you just congratulating yourself here???? I assumed they were called Hybrid attributes bc they were your idea??

Spoiler
Spoiler

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Another boon is that I can claim now to be investing in PC (as in 'political correctness' even though I totally am not...

Edited by Daniel Janser

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, animal74 said:

The TPA Tool will also do the same thing but be a little more user friendly. I’m also not sure if the spreadsheet contains the above mentioned tweaks.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

The TPA Tool will also do the same thing but be a little more user friendly. I’m also not sure if the spreadsheet contains the above mentioned tweaks.

I updated it since a few folks requested it, it's up to date 

Echoing the feedback that it would great to have a +5 or +10 button like the EFL and SBA dashboards do. Clicking the little "+" button over 700 times is a bit tedious.

Very cool system overall though. 

Edited by TacticalHammer

2 hours ago, David Cobberson said:

So if our atributes are very low…will we play…good. For example I have three 30- 40 overall attributes.. how will I play.

We're not really sure yet! Ideally, comparatively better than folks who don't have as many points invested in their attributes.