World Cup - Sigard Petrenko

WHEREVER THE WORLD CUP IS BEING HELD - Sigard Petrenko has been selected to play for Team Eastern Europe. Focusing on getting ready for the next season, Sigard has been working hard in the World Cup in order to keep in shape during the offseason. “I mean, it’s an honour to represent Eastern Europe with my fellow Eastern Europeans. The World Cup is an excellent showcase of each region’s skill and development.”

While Eastern Europe has had a relatively tough tournament so far, Sigard is staying positive about the situation. He is not too worried.

“This team is an excellent team to play with and we are all slowly figuring things out. I trust in the management of Hedge. Not much else I can say, really. All I can do is play hard and work hard. If I am moved up or down the lineup, so be it. Like I said, we are a talented team and I believe that we will showcase that talent soon.”

Sigard has had 4 goals, 3 assists, for 7 points in 8 games. He is currently a -3 and has 42 hits.

“Yeah, I’ve been okay offensively but evidently my defense has been quite bad. I’ve been lucky to play with my linemates and I really hope I can figure it out. I need to be better.”