Add a "Team" Field to Forum Profiles

Gustav

More specifically, give us an option to display something like this:

eTHx8Ik.png

That way, people looking at my posts can see that I play for Miami. This could be really helpful for new members, and it gives us all a cool thing to play with.

"But Gustav, people will forget to update that!" 

(Case in point: my player field still says Taro apparently)

Yes, that will happen. But I think it will be a cool thing in general, most really active people will change it in the same way they'll change the player field, and we can always yell at the people who don't. Basically, if you're against "team" for that reason, you really can't also be for the already-existing "player".

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Basically, if you're against "team" for that reason, you really can't also be for the already-existing "player".

Player changes once every 9-10 seasons, Team could change a lot more often.

Not saying I disagree with having it as an option, but I could see an argument against it for that reason.

1 hour ago, v.2 said:

That's what sigs are for, a spot to show off and rep your team.  Easy to self-manage as well.

By this logic, then, what's the point of the "player" field?

I get why this could be (and probably is) just "there's already a place to write that if you want", which is true. I just don't want this thread to turn into "lol Gustav doesn't know what a sig is" because the same point could be made against having an option to include your player's name and that's a thing already.