Thank You Post - VHL Edition (Theme Week)

Why Saying "Thank You" Matters - Crown Connect

Typically I am a GFX person, and I thought about just doing some lame GFX thanking one, or two people for my experiences here in the VHL however there are so many amazing people I've met over the years here, I figured even with my shitty English, I'd type something out to just show my appreciation to everyone that has made my experience absolutely phenomenal. Without further ado... 

@Beketov @McWolf @diamond_ace@Josh@Acydburn@rjfryman @Victor- I think every appreciation thread should start with the top of the 'chain of command' and that is our commissioners. I've dealt with every single one of you at some point through my recent stint here in the VHL, starting back in like S61 or S62 when Josh took me on as AGM, and then it went from there. D_A and Bana (Bana will get his own section later in this) took me on as San Diego GM during expansion and really helped me feel welcomed back to the league with my first GMing role in years. I then got to work with Acyd & Victor as the VHLE became a thing, and I once again was selected after a long wait to move up the rankings and takeover the newly created Rome Gladiators. I've had the pleasure of knowing both of these guys for years (especially Victor) so working with them was always very simple, but they really made the E experience fun. And then of course we have Bek, who has heard me complain a million times about not getting a VHL GM job, wondering why, the usual back & forth, but also always being professional, and good at what he does. I've always appreciated the humble nature and the role that you play in the league, so thank you Bek for really just being there for the league, and keeping it a fun place to enjoy for all of us. 

An appreciation post wouldn't be an appreciation post if I didn't show some love to my AGM's over the years, the people that helped keep me afloat and make the GMing experience even more fun than it has ever been. 

@MexicanCow123 - My first ever AGM, you've gone on to achieve amazing things since you left the position and proven to be a very capable person in your roles. From becoming a GM yourself, to an updater, a simmer & so much more, you've done incredible things. I really appreciate the time your time in San Diego, it'll forever be an amazing memory to me. 

@Minion - Another AGM that really enjoyed the role and made my role as GM much more enjoyable. Constantly wanting to help, being present and just throwing out suggestions, you helped make Rome what it was. I was so very happy to see you move into a GMing role as I know you deserved it, and I truthfully always want what's best for you in the league. Thank you for helping me succeed in Rome. 

@Baby Boomer - Another excellent member, excellent AGM, someone that once again always stepped up and was available when needed. Rome was successful with a lot of help from you, and while we didn't get to be the dynamic duo very long, as I would depart Rome, there was a big reason I chose to push for you to get the GM job there. You're going to do big things in this league and I am very excited to see where Rome goes from here. 

@comrade cat- No AGM regonition post would be complete without my current AGM, right? I had the pleasure of being your GM in Rome for a little bit before I moved on to LA, and when the AGM spot became available & you chose to apply, you made my decision quite easy. You've always been eager to learn, asking a lot of questions to understand the GMing role and always wanting to be involved. I'm very happy & blessed to have such an outstanding AGM. 

Now... I know I had more AGM's in-between but either their account is gone, or they have unfortunately gone IA. I'm very blessed and thankful for all of those AGM's, but I won't do a huge write-up on the rest from there. 

Let's move on to ALL the friends and people I have met in this league that I actually talk to either on a daily basis or... regular basis. Don't worry, if you don't fall in this category, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate you, there will be more ;)

@Banackock - Probably one of the people I enjoy talking to the most, just always around & willing to chat, never someone who takes life too seriously and can just shoot the shit whenever. No matter the reason we first met, you've become someone that I truly do trust in the league and enjoy having regular conversations with. You've been my commissioner, my GM and I would absolutely consider you my friend here as well, so thank you for all you've done that has helped shaped my time here in the league and made it full of enjoyment. 

@Rayzor_7 - While the conversations aren't AS often as they used to be, I'll always have appreciation for you just simply because you've been someone that has always chatted with me and we more or less became GM's together, and worked our way through the system together also. We were at one point the longest reigning 'duo' of GM's down in the minors until you ditched me (traitor lol) but now that I'm in the VHL, the duo has been reunited. I look forward to what the future holds. 

@Acydburn - Surprise... you're on here twice! While I appreciate what you've done as a commissioner, I've also enjoyed the "non-job" talk that we've had over the years. Whether it's talking about our teams recently, or just talking about really anything, I've always enjoyed our conversations and appreciate having someone around that can just listen when needed. You're a good person, and I feel like maybe some forget that beyond your roles, but just know I appreciate it. 

@FrostBeard - My comrade, and someone that I would absolutely consider a friend. Like Rayz, we grinded the rankings together through various leagues and always managed to stay in touch along the way. You've always been humble, honest and someone that I can rely on if I ever need advice. You're an extremely loyal person, and quite frankly I cannot wait to see you make it to the VHL, so we can GM together once again. Thank you for being real, and thank you for always bringing that competitiveness out of me. 

@a_Ferk - Another person I've known in the league for quite a while and still chats every now and again. While I know you've been a little more busy recently, it's always nice to chat & catch-up when the time allows for it. I've had the pleasure of getting to talk to you over the years now and it's never a dull conversation, always a good conversation and one that I thourgouhly enjoy. Thank you for making my time here that much more enjoyable. 

@STZ @jhatty8- I'm grouping you two together because you both have helped me so much when it comes to creativity & my gfx work. You've always been more than willing to answer my questions no matter how simple or dumb they may have been, and because of all your help, I've grown so much in making graphics, and for that I am forever grateful. You two have such a gift for creating digital masterpieces, so thank you both for shaping my gfx into what its become today. 

And now onto the final section, the people that I have so much love & appreciation for even if we don't talk that often. These people have made an impact on me, the league & my experience within the league during my stints here. I likely won't go super in-depth on this one because... there are a lot of people! 

@Molholt - Am I dumb for tagging someone I absolutely betrayed the trust of? Likely... but my sim league experience all around would not be the same if it weren't for Molholt. We became friends years & years ago, and you've seen me at my highest, as well as my lowest. I made the dumbest decision of my sim league 'life' when I betrayed your trust, and for that, I truly am sorry. No amount of apologizing or anything can excuse my actions, and I don't expect you to so much as read this, but just know I truly am sorry for doing what I did, and even without forgiveness, I hope one day way in the future, you may be willing to forgive me for what I've done. For now, I will just leave this here, a thank you for being real since day one, and being there for the highs and lows. 

@Dil @fishy@samx@Baozi@dasboot@Dom - Collectively, I'd like to thank the mods for doing what they have to, in order to keep this league in order. Your job is never easy, and I'm sure there is some resentment from those that don't understand how tedious the job can really be, and unforgiving too. While I don't talk to many of you super often, I will always have a respect and mutual understanding with everyone in the moderator team for simply keeping the league safe & enjoyable. So thank you for your work! 

@thadthrasher- The man, the myth, the legend now known as ThaddyDaddy within the VHL haha. I've enjoyed our talks, while sometimes brief in the league and enjoyed watching you grow both as a father, and person, as well as a GM. You're tremendous at what you do, and I'm really glad to see your life is headed in such a bright direction. 

@KaleebtheMighty @Advantage - The other pioneers of the VHLE movement, and the guys I was lucky enough to make history with when the VHLE was first established, really fortunate to have had such an amazing crew to develop the league & make it as enjoyable as it was. 

@Alex @dlamb @Enorama- The rest of the GM's that I haven't already spoken about (well, most lol). Ever since I got promoted, I've had nothing but encouragement from most of you, if not all of you, and I really appreciate the warm welcome to the position. Most of you, I've also interacted with prior to becoming a VHL GM, and it's been nothing but positive interactions, so again, I really do appreciate those times. 

@Nykonax - Known you also for quite a long time, while I could've thrown ya into the "GMing" post I figure with how long I've known you, you should get a section of your own. We've not talked a crazy amount but in the times we have I've always felt the interactions were positive. You're an awesome member, good GM and despite the whole Meta bullshit, you are well undercreditied for your achievements. 

@Ricer13 - Another GM I go pretty far back with, in this league and many others. Similar to Nyko, we don't talk A LOT, but our talks when we do talk have always been positive & bright, and I do enjoy getting to catch up to you when time allows for it. You've been an awesome GM in your time as GM and always been an excellent member to the league. 

@Spartan- In the infamous words of DJ Khaled... anotha one. While you're GM, we go back quite a while WELL before either of us became a GM and we've both had quite the lengthy tenure within the league. In that time, I've gained nothing but respect for you and enjoy our chit chats while not frequent, they are always positive & fun. You're a great person, and truthfully I hope you never change. 

@DollarAndADream @Brandon - Two more guys that deserve a lot of recognition for their graphics work. While I may not always get the chance to comment on your work, just know I really enjoy seeing the work and having known you both for so long, it's honestly amazing to see where you've come and just the amazing work you can put together. I almost feel like we SHOULD talk more, but just don't lol. 

I'm going to cut it off here, maybe make a part-two when I have more time to type things out, but for now, this is it. 

To those I left off of part-one, don't be offended please. I'm typing this while dealing with quite a bit of family emergencies only some of which people know. Just know my years & years of being here, have been nothing short of amazing, and while some of my time was wasted here by being an absolute jackass, I regret nothing because I've met so many amazing people ❤️ Thanks to all for being a part of my VHL journey. 

You are super duper awesome @InstantRockstar. I still feel an incredibly deep connection with you due to my time in the league being intertwined with yours. From being a VHLM GM to VHLE GM you where always a person that I could rely on and chat to. Thanks for that! Even though sadly in my run as VHL GM we didn't have a chance to work together, I am eagerly waiting for that chapter to open now! Cheers!