Bill Nye The Puck Stopping Guy - Junior review

Big Newff

As i grew up from a young age always being the person picked first in gym class because i was one of the only ones who wanted to become a goalie, it was a no brainer for me to carry it onto the ice once i started with my local travel team. After many season it was finally time to take my game to the next level, i trained every day and night to make myself the best i can be and it didn’t go unnoticed. After my first complete season as a starter it was a big thing to keep composed so i didn’t overthink it. I kept well maintained throughout the season starting majority of our games and claiming a spot in the cup. Firstly we had a very similar team to ourselves both looking to start their journey the right way but their could only be one winner in the best of 7 and it went to 6 games and I really found my stride as i picked up a 34 save shutout and started to turn a couple heads for a higher league. As my team traveled for the next series we faced the top team in the league and it was a huge task ahead of us, but we knew what we had to do and we made sure to stick to the plan. As we made sure to out work them each game and show we have the dedication we managed to take the edge on them in game 7 as we shocked the rest of the teams and really seen that weren’t a team to mess around with. We celebrated a little after bit we knew it was just another small step in the long path, next up we faced a team who we are quite close to us not over the top with skill but grinds out the game, but they were just no match for us once we established our game and managed to make light work of them and got the sweep, to the finals we go. As we geared up for the finals we were the massive underdogs once again but it was nothing new to us, each game was back and fourth until we started to dominate and took two back to back and go up 3-2 in the series, with a chance to end it we were at our home arena with our fans, it was a very tight game with no goals that sent us to overtime where it was do or die for the other team emotions were high but we kept to the task and managed to score with 30 seconds left in the first overtime period. Gloves and sticks flew everywhere as we celebrated as a team hugs all around, when we gathered the awards it was called out by the owner “Playoff MVP goes to Bill Nye The Puck Stopping Guy” as i skated up with a huge smile on my face i shook his hand and went back. After a couple week during the off season i received a email from Houston Bull in the VHLM asking if id like to have a tryout, after i showed up and impressed the rest is history as i gained my starting job their as well

552 words