Stepping Down From The NYA

I really didn't want to leave this way but I'm just sick and tried of all the hate towards me and the franchise. I've gotten all the blame since the beginning yet I've been a GM for 4 seasons and this team is starting to look up. I'm so done with of all the negatively. This league is full of hate and harassment and its finally broke me. Congracts on finally getting rid of me. Its clear thats exactly what you were trying to do.

Why does everyone have to go at each other and other people's franchises? Why cant this just be a fun loving community? I guess those people are always going to exist. 

Anyways @frescoelmo will be taking over as an intern GM. Goodbye VHL 👋 

Cow 

Edited by MexicanCow123

As much as I have most certainly made some NYA jokes in my time, I personally (unfortunately) support the Leafs, and so I have come to be able to respect and admire good hockey moves when I see them, regardless of the on-ice effect. You've been a great GM from what I've seen over the last couple seasons. Hope to see you back in the GM chair at some point, but I also know that it comes with a lot of pressure and outside attention, and I don't envy your position. I appreciate you and all you do, and I've always looked up to you.

Oh!! @MexicanCow123 so sad that you feel this way after only four season on the job.

I never really got a chance to know you as I just joined New York this season but you really seemed like a nice person and really cared about the team. I liked the fact that you listen and I hope that you reconsider as I do think you have the New York heading in the right direction.

I wish you the best of luck what ever you decide to do but as I said I really hope that you reconsider.

I'm really sorry you had to deal with this cow. It's how I felt with Davos, whether it's intended as jokes or not, it sucks getting no acknowledgment and people just shitting on your every move. Hopefully it doesn't make you quit the site altogether but take the time you need and keep your head held high. Unfortunate reality is a solid chunk of the VHL is kids, and they sure as hell act like it. If nobody else has told you, I'm thankful for the countless hours you put in and you gave it your all ❤️

@MexicanCow123

Edited by ShawnGlade

24 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Why cant this just be a fun loving community? I guess those people are always going to exist. 

Fun exists here and you’re a big part of that. Don’t let them get to you. Don’t let them win. The thing about bullies is that they’ll always be jealous of the happiness you have, and no matter what you do you’ll never please everyone. 

Keep being you, and stick around. The VHL is a much better place with you in it. Love ya Cow.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Sorry that GMing has turned from enjoyable and fun to such a negative experience. I truly hope you don't actually leave the league. We love you cow, and I still need my gambling buddy to hype up my degen bets @MexicanCow123

This being said @Brandon @MexicanCow123 When are we having a degen bets session again?

@MexicanCow123 I have always had an incredible respect towards you - you are an amazing person and one of those members of our community that I would have loved to get to know more. 

You don't deserve any hate there. You have made NY a place where I would want to play, where I think everyone was treated equally and had fun as a team. 

To people who made this happen - you are awful, we are somehow a "fun" community BUT only for some! I wish you would see reason but then again I know who you are and heck, VHL would be a ton better if you would leave this place.

Cow, you are a good GM. I have been a GM long enough to know that you did a good job, think about this a bit, maybe this isn't the answer!

You did good @MexicanCow123. I personally will always think New York and now London are lame and cursed franchises, but that’s not your fault. It’s Robbie and Dil’s.

In regards to the controversial trade, I agree with Bananadick that it wasn’t nearly as bad as people reacted. You swapped a forward who is going to be an upgrade for 2-3 seasons, and gave up a 2nd for the upgrade. A 2nd sounds like a little bit much in that swap, but Beav is signed for his whole career pretty much, whereas Puk could well have walked after those two seasons that you upgraded. So yeah, it was a fine trade and people reacted poorly to it. I think the real fuck up was associating your franchise with Beav at all, that guy is a nerd.

Anyway, good luck to my homie @frescoelmo! :cheers:

@MexicanCow123I am sad to see you step down after working so hard to get to this position. You and I go way back and I fully support what you think is best for your experience here. You were given a tough task when handed the reigns to New York and did the best you could with what you had. 

There was a lot of hate and disrespect sent your way for trades, etc. and people need to remember this is just a game. I hope I see you back in the GM ranks someday soon.

@MexicanCow123 I've always enjoyed having you around, and I'm sorry people have been jerks toward you and NYA. New York was my first VHL team to play for, and it's always had a special place in my heart. I was glad to see you take over, and I'm sad to see you go.

I have never been a New York hater and I really think you should stay with the team. Who cares what other’s say about New York, everyone here is a hockey nerd geek sitting behind a computer screen. We’re all not worth you quitting your job. Please reconsider!

I have always thought highly of Cow as a member. He brings a lot to the community, great with sim schedules and just an easy going guy to talk to. I would have loved to have a drink with him if he was in my remote area. Jokes about the New York franchise are one thing, but some of the personal jabs at the job Cow was doing have definitely gone too far. He started to rebuild, didn’t work out so he stepped back to try it again. This is not a way we should be treating one of our valued members, who has never harmed anyone.

I hope you still stay in the league with your player and as a simmer Cow. I value you, buddy!

Edited by Arce