Games: 144-152

VHL Games

Game 149 - Bratislava Watchmen vs. Oslo Storm

Is it the S40s? These two teams are both named after former VHLM teams and we get to see them face each other again in the VHLE. It was a close match with Bratislava having 38 shots on goal and Oslo having 37 of them. A one goal shot difference. It was a relatively uneventful first period with Oslo leading in shots on goal 14-10. However, with basically 3 minutes left in the period, Bratislava scored the opening goal courtesy of Fraser Wallace. That was the only goal in the frame. In the second frame, the shots on goal count was also 14-10 but this time in favor of Bratislava. Oslo opened the frame with a quick goal 39 seconds in from Jeremy Davidson. Bratislava then responded with a power play goal from Sock Monkey in the 7th minute of the period. Fraser Wallace got his second goal of the game, extending Bratislava's lead to 3-1. Oslo began to rally back in the third with a goal from Arthur Kimura. Hockley Mann responded to restore Bratislava's two goal lead. However, Arthur Kimura scored soon after to cut the lead back to one. Despite a valiant effort from Oslo and Arthur Kimura, Jack Hextall put the puck in an empty Oslo Storm net to give the Watchmen the victory.

Game 145 - Bratislava Watchmen vs Rome Gladiators

Yes, I put these games out of chronological order. No, I will not do anything to fix it. The Bratislava Watchmen faced against the Rome Gladiators. I was about to say an all-European matchup and then I realized that this was VHLE. Victory Hockey League Europe. No duh. Anyways, despite a Bratislava outshooting Rome 20(!) to 5(!!!), it was a scoreless first period thanks to DJ Fire Dragon's heroics. However, in terms of the shot total, Rome got it a bit more under control. Bratislava still outshot however it was only 8-4. They also got a lead on the stat that matters the most; the score. Sock Monkey potted his 20th of the year to give Bratislava the lead. That was the lone goal in the second. Bratislava would end up extending their lead in the third period with a goal from Jack Hextall. Then a goal from Henry Eagles. Then Sock Monkey scored yet another goal in this game to give Bratislava a 4-0 lead. 4-0 was also the final score. On the bright side for Rome, they proved that they had a reliable goaltender in the pipes with DJ Fire Dragon still having a 0.915 save percentage despite Rome being outshot 47-15. And in between the other set of pipes, Orion D H Chester IX got a shutout. You win some, you lose some, and Rome will definitely use the lessons from this game to get better.