15th Birthday Celebration!

Beketov

• Commissioner

Happy Birthday Party GIF by curly_mads

Hey VHL @Members!

In case anyone isn't aware July 18th, 2007 is the day the VHL opened. "Umbrella" by Rihanna was topping the charts, the Anaheim Ducks were celebrating their Stanley Cup win, and the VHL was opening it's doors! That means today marks the league's official 15th birthday. Every year I'm surprised when I type this that it's been so long and this year is no exception as I will be marking the official point where I've been in the VHL longer than I was out of it within this calendar year; fucking crazy. You all didn't click on this to read about how old I am though, I've been around the block long enough to know that. You came in for the TPE and I intend on delivering it!

To commemorate the league's 15th birthday, we are giving all members a Triples Week, which adds 12 Uncapped TPE to any 6-TPE Point Task (Welfare/Pension/Affiliate PT are not included but as usual if your pay covers your PT that counts), as well as 3 Uncapped TPE. To claim these perks, which of course add up to 15 Uncapped TPE, all you need to do is post in this thread and then link to that post in your update; that's it! No scavenger hunt, no clues, no catches!

What's that? Uncapped TPE isn't enough for you? Well so be it, how about some prizes then!

Not only are we giving TPE away but once again we're also giving away some bonus items because what's a birthday without presents? Anyone who comments on this thread, thus getting the bonus mentioned above, will be entered into a draw for some prizes. Some will be league based, some will be real items. I'm not going to tell you what they are yet though, you just need to wait and see don't you? What I will say is in honour of the 15th anniversary there will be 15 winners!

So, to summarize quickly, that's 15 uncapped TPE just for commenting and doing a PT as well as some gifts at a later date curtesy of the VHL. All you have to do is post in here and you're good to go!

happy eric cartman GIF by South Park

Notes:

• This thread will remain open until 11:59PM PST on Sunday, July 24th.

• All claims for the birthday bonus must be made by the end of the playoffs this season.

• Birthday perks may only be claimed on one player per member (IE if you are re-creating you can't claim them on your current player, re-create, and claim them again, pick one or the other).

• No prizes can be exchanged for cash value however, as always, you may receive a prize from a lower "tier" if you prefer.

Edited by Baozi

Wow, I didn`t even realize that the VHL was that old. I was still single and had dreams of playing Pro hockey when this league was created; do you know how old that is? Impressive feat and I will end with the custom of Happy Birthday Old Man!!

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

I remember 2007...the Sabres were still competitive...good times

I want to say I joined in 08 for the first time, but I remember coming back for real right after the 15th *season*...15 years is pretty crazy

Edited by Hybrid1486

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I'm not going to tell you what they are yet though, you just need to wait and see don't you

bek 100% doesnt know what the prizes are yet either.

Happy Birthday though VHL :)

Edited by Nykonax

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

bek 100% doesnt know what the prizes are yet either

Shhhh, don’t tell them my secret :P

we’re mostly just seeing if we can decide on some different ones since we’ve done the same ones a bunch now.

happy birthday i remember when this was all just kids ripping on each other. We've come a long way.

Now if only I can break this dam cup drought that goes back nearly as far back...

Edited by Seabass