The Fire of the Phoenix: P.J. Daniels

Introduction: 

Chicago Phoenix has taken a new level in success. The Chicago Phoenix would be second in their conference and fourth in the league overall. Our team has a champion’s attitude. I believe no team can compete with us. The only way we will be stopped is because of ourselves. There are plenty of contenders in the conference. The Moscow Menace, Riga Reign, Helsinki Titans, Toronto Legion, Seattle Bears, and the Warsaw Predators are strong challengers to our path to success. We must send off the season with a solid record. Seeding will determine our pathway to the finals. Right now, we have a 27-12-3 record in the North American Conference. The Chicago Phoenix knows how historic this playoff run can be. All we need is consistent performances.

Games: 

The Chicago Phoenix recorded a 2-1 win against the Malmo Nighthawks. The game started hot, with goals from Harkat Mulds and PJ Daniels to tie the score. The deciding goal came from Baby Bob in Period 3. One of the top scorers in the league has decided a win for the Chicago Phoenix. Despite the score-line, the Chicago Phoenix had 37 more shots than the Malmo Nighthawks. This performance showed our dominant offensive production from PJ Daniels, Baby Bob, and Scotty Sundin.  

The Chicago Phoenix continued to win as they defeated the Helsinki Titans 3-2. Aurelien Moreau's impact on this team has been outstanding. He had three assists in a victory against the Helsinki Titans. Scotty Sundin, P.J. Daniels, and Sunrise van de Schubbeku contributed to the win. Scotty Sundin scored the first two goals, with Sunrise van de Schbbeku scoring the winning goal in this game. 

Trades:

The Chicago Phoenix traded for all-star defenseman Aurelien Moreau. The Vancouver Wolverines received Alex Bridges II and Izaak Bobs in return. Aurelien Moreau didn't want to play his last season on a team that wasn't contending. Aurelien impact on this team has been immense. The amount of opportunities that he has created for our forwards is shocking. That's why he didn't want to waste his talent on a team that wasn't serious about contending. Our defense has skyrocketed with the arrival of Aurelien Moreau. The Bo Johansson and Aurelien Moreau connection has given us a new identity on both ends of the ice. In five games played, he has recorded five assists. I can assure you that this season won't be a disappointment like the previous seasons. Our work ethic and determination to win are top-notch compared to other teams. 

VHL Birthday:

There's a lot of free TPE to earn. This league has always been fantastic. The moderators are open-minded, and the users are friendly. On another note, the Las Vegas Aces remain the 1st seed in the VHLM. They have a 35-5-4 record in the league, just ahead of the Mexico City Kings in rankings. As for the Stockholm Vikings, they might experience another mediocre season. It's unfortunate because when I was with the Stockholm Vikings, we could never get past .500. Hopefully, they can turn this season around. 

Review

Concise and forward review of the week that was the two teams you are connected to!  I liked how objective and stat-oriented you were; it read pretty easily.  I would say, it seemed like you changed a few times between first and third person so that was a little distracting.  Maybe instead include your thoughts as your player's quotes?  Just a thought.  The colors changing every paragraph was fun, however the subtitles for each section (I'm guessing) were in white, so it was hard to see what I could expect in the nest paragraph.  It seems like you have a lot of passion for both Vegas and Chicago and it is very clear in your writing.  I think if you read through once or twice before you submit these articles forthcoming it'll be pretty solid.  This was near the bare minimum as well, so maybe a summary or introduction tying the whole thing together would be a nice cherry on the top (507 words as I counted).

8/10

• 2 weeks later...

First Season: 

My career has been a blessing for me & my family. All three organizations have given me a chance to compete at the highest level. Their determination and dedication to creating the best team possible are insane. From the Las Vegas Aces to the Chicago Phoenix, I am grateful to be given a chance to shine. There are so many traits that you need to become a fantastic hockey player. I'm about the enter a new phase of myself. The challenges will be harder & I need to be ready for the obstacles coming my way. The transition from the Regular Season to the Playoffs is different. The team knows there will be new expectations and goals for everyone. 

Playoffs Preview: 

As a rookie, I'm expecting mistakes in the playoffs. My team is full of veterans who are hungry to win. But, I'm still a young adult. My mindset is different from all of the veterans in the locker room. I have plenty of years left to compete for a championship; the other veterans don't have that window. All three leagues will be competitive this year. The playoffs are truly special because it makes or breaks moments for players & coaches. It defines your career and impacts your legacy on this beautiful game. We have teams like the Moscow Menace, D.C. Dragons, Seattle Bears, Helsinki Titans, Toronto Legion, Riga Reign, Calgary Wranglers, and the Warsaw Predators are all worthy challengers for the championship. Together, there will be nothing that can stop our team. Hockey is very competitive and more emotional compared to other sports. 

P.J Daniels' Career:

I'm happy with the production I've had with this team. In 68 games, I have scored 19 goals, 20 assists, 39 points, and 204 shots. For a rookie, that's insane production. I also have a +/- of positive three. My personal goal was to record 25 goals and 25 assists by the end of the season. I'm counting on the veterans to teach me everything I need to know about this league. The city of Chicago can be beautiful and dangerous at the same time. During my first year in Chicago, I had four game-winning goals. The amount of love that I received from the fanbase is immense. I'm so proud to wear the colors of the Chicago Phoenix and represent the fanbase. Mutual respect, feeling, and tone are there for both sides. 

Baby Bob: 

For a brief moment, I want to touch upon the incredible season for Baby Bob. So far, he has 49 goals in 72 games played. He is ranked third among most goals scored by a player. Unfortunately, he can't take home the gold medal. That belongs to Nico Pearce from the Helsinki Titans. He recorded a staggering 59 goals for the team. Baby Bob continues to impress the world this season. He is 6th in total points and 2nd in hat-tricks. He has 10-game winners this season alone. His resume is unique from the other forwards in the league. He continues to impress me every time he steps foot into the ice. I take inspiration from him because he's a unique player. 

Introduction:

This series is full of competition, fights, and determination to succeed. It's the perfect series to find the elite players of this league. It's what separates stars from superstars. Every player has shined throughout this series. But, the Chicago Phoenix are down 3-2 against the Seattle Bears in the series. Surely, Game 6 will be pivotal for the future of this franchise because I scored my first playoff goal in my career. The question remains, what's next for the team? Will the team implode? Are the veterans going to retire? There are two ways this season could end for the franchise. 

Playoff Pandemonium:

The playoffs have been underwhelming so far. There's been numerous series that have ended in sweeps like the Moscow Menace against HC Davos Dynamo. On the other side, there's been some exciting series to watch. The Warsaw Predators and the Helsinki Titans are going to a game seven. So are the Chicago Phoenix and the Seattle Bears. Only two can face the Moscow Menace or the D.C Dragons in the conference finals. The D.C Dragons escaped a tough series against the Riga Reign. In the second round, they faced the "Darkhorse" Calgary Wranglers. They are coming off a surprising sweep against the Toronto Legion. Unfortunately, they couldn't pull off an upset against the D.C Dragons. A 4-0 sweep by the Dragons moves them onto the conference finals. Papa Emeritus, Tomas Sogaard, Hard Markinson, and Henri le Massif have been crucial to Moscow's success. Their defenseman and their coaching are elite. 

The BIG Series: 

Game 1: (W)

The Chicago Phoenix stole Game 1 away from home thanks to an overtime goal by Sunrise van de Schubbeku. The Seattle Bears dominated on shot attempts and still couldn't win the game. Baby Bob continued to shine as he recorded two goals, an assist, and three points. Aurelien Moreau finished with three assists in this game. It was a perfect team effort with a mix of role players & superstars. The Seattle Bears were stunned after the first game. 

Game 2: (L)

Karma came back to haunt the Phoenix. Another game against the Seattle Bears went to overtime. Unfortunately, Seattle scored the winning goal; AJ Williams, Hulk Hogan2, and Nils Godlander had fantastic performances to help Seattle gain its first win. 

Game 3: (W)

The Chicago Phoenix re-take the series lead 2-1 against the Seattle Bears. A 3-1 win leaves them two wins away from their first conference finals appearance. Baby Bob's magnificent performance gives life to the fanbase. Now, it's up to them to move one step closer to clinching a ticket to the conference finals. 

Game 4: (L) 

The Seattle Bears respond with a dominant win against the Chicago Phoenix. A 5-2 win ties the series at 2-2. So many goal contributions were in this match. The team played with chemistry and never made a mistake. All the opposing team could do was "shut up and respond" in the next game. 

Game 5: (L) 

The Seattle Bears finally had a chance to take the lead in the series against Chicago Phoenix. A 2-1 win made that dream become a reality. It was total domination from the Bears on both sides of the ice. I finally struck my first goal, but we lost. Now, we are facing elimination for the first time in the series. 

Game 6: (W) 

This game sparked urgency in the crowd. It was in front of our fanbase. Fortunately, we shut out the Seattle Bears with a 2-0 win. The defense was on its A-game. Baby Bob was clutch with his precise finishing against the Bears. Now, it came down to Game 7.

Game 7 Preview: 

The moment we have prepared ourselves for years. This win would mean everything for the future of this organization. Our response to adversity has been phenomenal. Even when we have taken charge in games, we still find a way to fight. This game is our biggest challenge yet. I believe we have what it takes to defeat the Seattle Bears. We NEED to show our best performance to win against an experienced team like the Seattle Bears.