Suggestion: Adding Video Press Conference’s

Hey everyone! Earlier today I was talking in the Seattle LR and was bouncing my idea for this off of everyone before coming here. I think this could be a great addition to the league for earning Press Conference tpe, and it could be a really fun way to revitalize the way we approach PC’s in the future!

Currently, the Press Conference system to be rewarded Capped TPE is as follows:

Answer any 3 Questions = 1 capped TPE

Answer/Ask any 6 Questions = 2 capped TPE

It is definitely a very easy supplemental Point Task to complete every week, but honestly I have always felt that it was just simply that; easy capped TPE for the week and nothing really else. I want to help fix that and make the Press Conferences we do every week feel more interactive and enjoyable if we so desire, while still having the current options to earn your TPE as well.

My idea is simply this: Add a Video Press Conference option as a way to earn your capped TPE for your weekly Press Conference Point Task.

I know that we already have a point task system for videos, either rewarding you with 6 capped TPE or 3 capped TPE as your VHL.com/ (supplemental PT).

I want to add this same video option to the Press Conferences that we do, so it can feel like we are actually giving a Press Conference to the media like NHL players do!

I feel that the length of the Video Press Conference should be at least 5 minutes, and try to answer at least 3 Press Conference questions related to Games you played recently.. and of course you should try to have fun being in character as your VHL player! With this addition, all that would change for the Press Conference section is as follows;

Answer any 3 Questions = 1 capped TPE

Answer/Ask any 6 Questions = 2 capped TPE

Answer 3 Questions (minimum) as your current player/GM in a Video Press Conference (5 minutes minimum) related to your player’s performance in recent Games = 3 capped TPE

Obviously this would be an extremely fun way to make TPE, while not having to sacrifice the ability to earn capped TPE elsewhere. Using me as an example, to max out for the week on an average week if this was implemented, I would do as follow;

6 capped TPE - DaSLN (podcast)

3 capped TPE - SpyroAfterDark (VHL.com/radio)

3 capped TPE - Video Press Conference

(ie. Sparks post game interview: Bulls vs Hounds Games 71-72/72)

Which would add up to my 12 capped for the week, instead of me being stuck at 11 and trying to find a random PT like Trivia for 1 capped. Of course it just gives more options to the league, and I think it would be awesome to see some impressions of people’s players and goalies. I would actually look at other team’s video pressers because of how much more interactive it would make the league feel.. for me personally.🤣

Thoughts?🤔 

Edited by DarkSpyro

I think this could be a good system for people who are more inclined to to use video or audio editing mediums for their point tasks.  I agree with you that currently it is annoying to have to earn that extra one TPE or do a task that's worth 2 and only have to claim it as 1 because you can't earn over 12

2 minutes ago, DoktorFunk said:

I think this could be a good system for people who are more inclined to to use video or audio editing mediums for their point tasks.  I agree with you that currently it is annoying to have to earn that extra one TPE or do a task that's worth 2 and only have to claim it as 1 because you can't earn over 12

Exactly!!!

Wwe Yes GIF

I think if VHL.com podcasts are worth 1 more than GFX and Articles, then Video PCs could be worth more than written PCs too.

At the moment, I doubt any Updaters would disapprove anyone doing a Video PC for 2 TPE, but I’d be on board with making it more of an official thing.

Do you mean it has to be video or could it just be audio?  Quite a few people I'm sure don't wan't to put themselves out there like that and we should also maybe not encourage younger members to be posting video of themselves.

13 minutes ago, Garsh said:

Do you mean it has to be video or could it just be audio?  Quite a few people I'm sure don't wan't to put themselves out there like that and we should also maybe not encourage younger members to be posting video of themselves.

I feel Audio should also be perfectly acceptable! I would relate it to watching a player press conference on tv/YouTube vs listening to the same thing on the radio. Plus as you mentioned, I wouldn’t want younger members to feel encouraged to be posting videos of themselves. Not only that, but I feel there are many shy people in the community as far as showing there face goes, but they tend to have no problems with podcasts. 

Thank you for pointing that out because 100% audio should be just as good, but maybe for 6 questions instead of 3 questions like the video one. Time frame should be minimum 5 minutes, same with the video, so if you fire off your questions in 5-10 minutes you get your 3 TPE all the same. 👍🏻 

41 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I think if VHL.com podcasts are worth 1 more than GFX and Articles, then Video PCs could be worth more than written PCs too.

At the moment, I doubt any Updaters would disapprove anyone doing a Video PC for 2 TPE, but I’d be on board with making it more of an official thing.

Yeah!! Happy to hear you’re on board bro!🤘🏻😂

Edited by DarkSpyro

I like the idea and I do feel it needs more value than a standard PC. It should also be a choice of video or audio. 

The only issue I’d see at first is if there will be enough people who even want to do it. Though, the more it is around the more people might want to try it and it could become more popular.

Hands free driving is another benefit. I could record one of these on my ride to work!

34 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

I like the idea and I do feel it needs more value than a standard PC. It should also be a choice of video or audio. 

The only issue I’d see at first is if there will be enough people who even want to do it. Though, the more it is around the more people might want to try it and it could become more popular.

Hands free driving is another benefit. I could record one of these on my ride to work!

I feel that the podcast section was dead for a while until many different people started to want to try it over time because it looked like fun. I think a handful of people would want to push themselves to do the Video Presser but I think a lot of members (especially new members over time) would love to feel more integrated with there player by trying out an audio presser.

I think it should be called something like the A/V Press Conference and when you click on Capped then Press Conference, it should bring up another mini menu to select  either;

Written Press Conference

Audio Press Conference

Video Press Conference

and have both the Video and Audio worth as much I mentioned in my comment above. ☝

Happy to have you on board bro!✊🏻

Edited by DarkSpyro

• 4 months later...