Farewell Miami

Ledge

Hey all, Ledge here. As some of you have seen, I have stepped down from the position of Marauders GM effective immediately (well, a little while ago) and was replaced by @Lemorse7, who will no doubt do an awesome job taking over from where I left off.

I was meaning to do a lengthy, heartfelt resignation at the end of the season, but alas, here we are. I'll keep it short and (bitter)sweet. I stepped down because I knew that next season would align with school starting, and I just don't think I can allocate enough of my time to managing a team while keeping up with school and hockey. The reason for the sudden departure is I just haven't had any time this summer, particularly late July and early August. Last week was my grandparents' 50th anniversary, so we had lots of festivities all week and some of my cousins were over at my house. Even now, hours after they left, I'm heading up to a friends' cottage where I'll have little internet service. You get the gist; I have no time and I feel guilty that I have no time. I haven't been able to log on and pitch waiver players, which is essential right now, and my AGM is/was also AWOL for personal reasons. 

Before I go, @nurx, you kept me going through those first seasons where things didn't look very bright, and we had few players to engage with. You're sadly heavily underappreciated in the VHL community, and I hope that changes soon. Keep grinding my friend.

That's pretty much it. I'll stay as active as I can, I owe that to my teammates and managers  on Helsinki and Istanbul. Cheers to everyone who I've had the pleasure of conversing with over my tenure as GM of the Miami Marauders.

@Ledge

You did a lot during your time in Miami. I know you beat yourself up over the past while about now being able to be active, but you did everything you were able to during your time here. I hope our paths meet again in the future and I know next time we talk it will be as if no time has passed. The future is yours and don't take any day for granted you are and always will be a Miami Marauder just as everyone else who has gone through that great franchise.

Life happens, no need to feel bad about not being able to give a simulation hockey league your whole life. You did great things when you had the chance, and now you can focus on your player and all of the things life throws at you outside of the VHL. Pleasure working alongside you in the short time we did!