Jardy's Hecking Podcast, S2 Episode 13: Hottest Retention Idea of the Year

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Fucks Delivered

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--S2-Episode-13-Hottest-Retention-Idea-of-the-Year-e1m5b10

Featured song is Lifeboat by Gallago. If you're not listening carefully you won't notice that I edited a minute out of the intro of the song

Segments of this episode:

- No One Gives a Shit, @Phil ~(1:00-4:00)

- Nodesode Summary/Bathroom Search/Topic Search *TUNE IN TO LEARN @Ptyrell's REAL NAME!* ~(4:00-5:20)

- Housekeeping/Nurx Plugs/Sky Observations (I don't have ADHD, you do) ~(5:30-11:00) @Beketov @nurx @Doomsday @Gustav

- Optimizing the New Member Experience. Drink everytime I say "forum" or "portal." ~(11:00-20:00) @Joe Biden/@Barack Obama @jacobcarson877 @Baozi

Enjoy

-Especially when recruitment is dry, I swear 80% of new members are gone by the time anyone even sees they joined.
-I can't imagine the nightmare it would be to program a "tutorial" but you're so right that would be amazing.
-I know there's been talk of a SHL-esque video walkthrough series, but with valid concerns of "who the heck is going to keep it up to date" and tbh I wouldn't want to but someone should.
-We also need a "You have to understand the slightest bit about the sim engine and the attributes" before you're allowed to apply TPE.
-god i'm a waiver addict
-I love that you still giggle about Poopy Peepants
-The player creation and welcome messages are... fine ..., but give you no real reason to read them, although the people who do get off to a WAY better start
- sexy anime tfong waifu? (sorry)
- One decent thing would be an applying TPE lock until you accept a contract? idk probably a nightmare to implement

8 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

-I can't imagine the nightmare it would be to program a "tutorial" but you're so right that would be amazing.

It might not need to be that complex. Even something as simple as a pop-up after creating a player (similar to a Welfare or PF one) that's like, "Good job! Now to get on a team, find your player thread at https://vhlforum.com/forum/125-create-a-player/ and choose an offer to accept (Note: Many GMs will reply within minutes, but it could be a few hours before you receive your first offer. No stress bru!)"

13 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

-I know there's been talk of a SHL-esque video walkthrough series, but with valid concerns of "who the heck is going to keep it up to date" and tbh I wouldn't want to but someone should.

Yeah this might be good, but it would need to be both very visible and VERY concise. Maybe a 1-2 minute "Quick start guide" or something, and it can be @Hogan speed-running character creation or something like that.

This was a great listen, Jardy! As a new member, I can definitely understand that the retention rate is low because people have no idea what the forum is or what they’re doing. I had read the rules and learned what the VHL was truly about before creating my account and everything, so I don’t think I was too clueless at least? But having a tutorial to help out recruits would definitely be something to consider, for sure, to make it easier for everyone.

15 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

It might not need to be that complex. Even something as simple as a pop-up after creating a player (similar to a Welfare or PF one) that's like, "Good job! Now to get on a team, find your player thread at https://vhlforum.com/forum/125-create-a-player/ and choose an offer to accept (Note: Many GMs will reply within minutes, but it could be a few hours before you receive your first offer. No stress bru!)"

Yeah this might be good, but it would need to be both very visible and VERY concise. Maybe a 1-2 minute "Quick start guide" or something, and it can be @Hogan speed-running character creation or something like that.

i never  want to create a player again