Scoish Velociraptor Maloish Rookie Experience

youloser1337

With the end of the regular season, Scoish Velociraptor Maloish is preparing for playoffs in the VHL. This is the first time he will be in the VHL playoffs. His season was a rocky one. Let’s do a recap. After being drafted 8th overall to the Calgary Wranglers, Maloish decided he was ready for the big league. He stood out in the training camp and was placed on the opening night roster. Expectations were high for the newest rookie in the league. Maloish would be getting 2nd line ice time on the team and getting power play and penalty kill time.

“Watching other people getting called up to be drafted on that night stung me. Press about me after the event saying I wasn't the best pick and that there were better options available. ‘With Maloish as the selection, Calgary took probably the highest ceiling defenseman remaining, but also one who could have the lowest floor. He’s had some hitches in his development in the past, but I’m sure Calgary hopes that their training program would situate Maloish in the VHL grind set again.’ ** When I read that my heart sank. It hurt to see that I was being undervalued and seen as second fiddle to some of the others in the draft. I understand this is a business but it made me motivated to prove them wrong.” - Maloish after training camp

Calgary, who is coming off a first-round sweep in the season 83 playoffs, is looking to retool and get revenge in the season 84 season. The expectations for this season were lower with the losses of Shane Lazeski, Bob Beach, James Glove Dropper, Phil The Rock Johnson, and Jurgis Kalvelis Blazevicius. Of course, there were some notable additions to the roster which would help Maloish in his development. Maloish would finish last in points on his team as well as goals. An interesting stat is that his 2 goals were both game-winning goals. Maloish knows that this isn’t good enough for next season though.

“I know that being a rookie I had some leeway and lower expectations. I know that next season is different and I’ll be under a very intense microscope from the fans and the management. I will be better.” Maloish and the Wranglers are to battle in the Season 84 playoffs starting with a battle against Toronto to get the chance to battle the DC Dragons in round 1.

“This season has been an absolute blast for me. Meeting new people and getting to play in highly competitive games is an honor. To be skating with some of the greatest players in the league was incredible. Now my sight switches from being a rookie in the regular season to a player in the playoffs. No more holding back, this is for all the marbles.”

467 words - **417 not including the quote