Big changes for Jaime Hill

Caillean

It's been an important last couple of days for defender Jaime Hill. Picked up on waivers by the Yukon Rush, she was eligible for not only the VHL entry draft but the VHLM Dispersal Draft. We caught up with her to get her thoughts on being drafted, and how she feels about where she's going in her career. “If we're being honest, I didn't expect to go as high as I did in either draft. Round 2 may not be a big deal for most people, but with my limited professional hockey career, I really wasn't expecting it. So to go round 2 in both drafts was a great feeling for me. I haven't gotten much of a chance to follow most VHL teams just yet, as I was more focused on the VHLM. I hear Toronto's going for a kind of rebuild that I'm a part of now, so I'm excited that I'll be part of the foundations of what's hopefully going to become a dominant force in the VHL in seasons to come. The most exciting thing for me though, since it's directly tied to where I'll be playing next season, was getting drafted by my friend Zoidberg's Bern Royals. He recently became GM of the team and spoke to me about his desire to try to draft me due to how much I've been stepping up my game. Turns out he was able to do just that, and now I'll have at least another seasons' worth of mentoring from the best teacher I've ever had. I'm so totally excited about moving on to the next stage in my career, and I'd also like to thank the Yukon Rush for taking a chance on an unknown defender and letting me get my foot in here in the league. I'll always hold great respect for the organization.”

I was wondering how you'd feel about Brampton not picking you to go along with already picking jaladolar jarodala, but I guess being drafted by his team is okay.

Utterly ruthless. :(