S84 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S84 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting   

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S84?

• F - Duncan Idaho (DCD) - 52G, 70A, 122P, 39, 185PIM, 368HIT, 29SB
    • D - Hard Markinson (MOS) - 33G, 73A, 106P, 41, 165PIM, 253HIT, 116SB
    • F - Nico Pearce (HSK) - 59G, 61A, 120P, 46, 101PIM, 284HIT, 32SB
    • G - Papa Emeritus (MOS) - 65GP, 48-11-5, 0.939SV%, 1.97GAA, 6SO, 2106SA
    • D - Tui Sova (DCD) - 29G, 77A, 106P, 40, 74PIM, 129HIT, 132SB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

zzz goalie inflated season

With still 6 players over 100 points and 2 over 120.

To be honest this is closer (still better than most but closer) to regular goalie stats than what we’ve been saying lately. It might be a tad inflated but nothing insanely substantial and less than we’ve seen before. I think people just got used to goalies sucking for the last 10 seasons.

No one on that list is undeserving of the Slobo at all but I don’t think one can just say “well goalie numbers are inflated” to discount Papa’s season.

Markinson out here getting FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY after having one of the most all-round impressive dman seasons I've seen. It's not just the points, it's literally everything.

41 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Markinson out here getting FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY after having one of the most all-round impressive dman seasons I've seen. It's not just the points, it's literally everything.

His numbers are remarkable (especially the production), he took a lot of penalties though and was outhit by two other nominees and outblocked by Sova. Alas, I think with the candidates to pick from, a valid argument can be made for any of them to be deserving the most outstanding player. As in real life, people are sucker for points for this specific award (I chose Papa because this save rate is just insane and certainly won some games his team had no business winning). Not trying to argue with you, yours is a valid choice, just saying that in my opinion is not so much disregarding Markinson's stellar performance, but people preferring other stats over his.

1 minute ago, Daniel Janser said:

His numbers are remarkable (especially the production), he took a lot of penalties though and was outhit by two other nominees and outblocked by Sova. Alas, I think with the candidates to pick from, a valid argument can be made for any of them to be deserving the most outstanding player. As in real life, people are sucker for points for this specific award (I chose Papa because this save rate is just insane and certainly won some games his team had no business winning). Not trying to argue with you, yours is a valid choice, just saying that in my opinion is not so much disregarding Markinson's stellar performance, but people preferring other stats over his.

The hits is just kinda how STHS works though, forwards hit more than dmen. Same with points, forwards score more than dmen. So it's a bit apples to oranges. But then that's always a thing with MVP awards.🤷‍♂️ Comparing forwards to dmen to goalies isn't really possible. So it's just down to personal preference. The league having an average SV% of .922 this season just really kind of devalues SV% from this season to me personally. There's no doubt in my mind Papa was the best goalie, but a SV% that high would have been a lot more impressive relative to his peers, if it wasn't for the fact we had a rookie north of .930

47 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

The hits is just kinda how STHS works though, forwards hit more than dmen. Same with points, forwards score more than dmen. So it's a bit apples to oranges. But then that's always a thing with MVP awards.🤷‍♂️ Comparing forwards to dmen to goalies isn't really possible. So it's just down to personal preference. The league having an average SV% of .922 this season just really kind of devalues SV% from this season to me personally. There's no doubt in my mind Papa was the best goalie, but a SV% that high would have been a lot more impressive relative to his peers, if it wasn't for the fact we had a rookie north of .930

Yeah that is what meant to say. I started my innebandy career as netminder so I probably respect the position more than most. Having said that I later on played on the wing and ended my career as defender, sooo....

And we do not have the benefit of televised game like in real life, where you at least could be forgiven to choose the most 'flashy' player, regardless of position. So we have to go by thwarted stats and personal preference, I agree.

• Victor unfeatured this topic