ignored topic

lil OG z

On 8/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, lil z said:

I've only ever wanted one job and ever since getting a M job and stepping down from fantasy nobody has hired me, I've applied for everything that has to do with prospects but nah, I don't get it when other people can have multiple jobs because they are friends with someone, even the little things like fantasy. It makes no sense, I'm super fair but never get it shown back, instead friends hire friends? Everybody seems to say I'm killing it?? It's been years I'm so confued xD Wish some of my old friends would show some love back, I ain't the one who started shit.. It just looks/feels like a big popularity contest now, I'd rather be the most hated tbh 

I've brought up delegating tasks/roles in the past however it falls on deaf ears :kekw:

lil z - haters in the thread Prod by lil z (2:00)

Haters in the thread, started with two but ended in a circle, haters in the thread, didn't read nothing but ill add a note to my journal, haters in the thread, just being honest you kind of sound like steve urkel, haters in the thread, cant actually make music that's why I'm doing it all non verbal

Hello it's lil z and here we go again,
Blew up oh shit my finger pressed send,
Sorry for my behavior but it's how I'm feelin within,
Dodging all these negative emoticons all I hear is a sad violin,
That's why I'm always wildin acting like a child back when,
Wonder if any even answered my question I was askin,
Instead I sit here cold like an Alaskan,
Should have moved to Warsaw with my homies because their shooters are always blastin, (pew pew)
Looking at the replies now like how long is this lastin?
Blew up over night and I was even fastin,
Cant even claim this but I'm always dashin
New post, player page and don't forget about the status splashin,
Drip drop to the top I'm always flashin 

Haters in the thread, started with two but ended in a circle, haters in the thread, didn't read nothing but ill add a note to my journal, haters in the thread, just being honest you kind of sound like steve urkel, haters in the thread, cant actually make music that's why I'm doing it all verbal

Now back to the topic and content I provide,
No I'm not the best but some of us have that real soldier pride,
So we when see my reply I hope you didn't pick the other side,
Just remember I was a guide that always tried,
Applied and ultimately was denied (gavel sound)
Moving on and thinking about the future,
I'm going to keep releasing article music on my phone not computer,
Also shoutout to OutLoudSound my producer,
Sitting in an uber you can watch us maneuver,
See you all on the forum much love to every viewer,
Anyone that negatively reacts no worries that's one fewer,
Be the best you can be and a great user

Edited by lil z

9 hours ago, lil z said:

lil z - haters in the thread Prod by lil z (2:00)

Haters in the thread, started with two but ended in a circle, haters in the thread, didn't read nothing but ill add a note to my journal, haters in the thread, just being honest you kind of sound like steve urkel, haters in the thread, cant actually make music that's why I'm doing it all non verbal

Hello it's lil z and here we go again,
Blew up oh shit my finger pressed send,
Sorry for my behavior but it's how I'm feelin within,
Dodging all these negative emoticons all I hear is a sad violin,
That's why I'm always wildin acting like a child back when,
Wonder if any even answered my question I was askin,
Instead I sit here cold like an Alaskan,
Should have moved to Warsaw with my homies because their shooters are always blastin, (pew pew)
Looking at the replies now like how long is this lastin?
Blew up over night and I was even fastin,
Cant even claim this but I'm always dashin
New post, player page and don't forget about the status splashin,
Drip drop to the top I'm always flashin 

Haters in the thread, started with two but ended in a circle, haters in the thread, didn't read nothing but ill add a note to my journal, haters in the thread, just being honest you kind of sound like steve urkel, haters in the thread, cant actually make music that's why I'm doing it all verbal

Now back to the topic and content I provide,
No I'm not the best but some of us have that real soldier pride,
So we when see my reply I hope you didn't pick the other side,
Just remember I was a guide that always tried,
Applied and ultimately was denied (gavel sound)
Moving on and thinking about the future,
I'm going to keep releasing article music on my phone not computer,
Also shoutout to OutLoudSound my producer,
Sitting in an uber you can watch us maneuver,
See you all on the forum much love to every viewer,
Anyone that negatively reacts no worries that's one fewer,
Be the best you can be and a great user

Michael Jordan GIF by UPROXX

There is nothing worse for me than knowing I agree with Rory, good God, what an awful feeling.  What I mean about that is there are always reasons why the VHL leadership doesn't intend to upset people or do the wrong thing, so when people bring something up that upsets them, the usual response (and I'm paraphrasing here) is:

"We try hard, we don't mean to upset, we care."

And I do believe that all of those statements are fact when it comes to the board, and specifically Josh and Bek. 

The word that sticks out to me from Bek's response to Z is TRUST.  I think it's fair for them to feel that way when they want to hire, and I also believe that what friendship overall brings is- Trust.  @sterling can back me up, the whole reason I made my blowup post about the culture in the VHL 3 years ago, and took a shot at Beketov, is because the o l d boys c l u b can be hard to crack.  They like to suggest there isn't one (a clique), because in all fairness, you CAN become apart of it. 

It's just... difficult to do. 

Now yes, you can be active and play the role of a VHL cheerleader and maybe get into the club early or shoot up the ladder somehow by doing the right PC move.  But if you don't achieve that - it can be a high climb.  

I also think it's funny and so very true about @Beketov's comment over Z changing his username because I actually agree with that statement HOWEVER the hiring people ought to be doing their homework and looking at each person who applies, so you should've known it was him (and you likely did).  

There will always be favorites. That is the game of life.  I do think Bek and Josh have shown that they can fair when choosing people for roles because whenever I see the people they hire - I LIKE THEM TOO.  Lol.  I wanted the updater job so bad, SO BAD.  But when I saw that @a_Ferk  got it I was like, "Well, I love that guy, so I get it."

I will say to @lil z that not only did I love your rap but keep being you, keep applying, and remember - you da man.  

To any new people who might read this thread and question it, just know not to worry, keep calm and carry on.  Pour us cup of tea, and let's have a nice chat on the porch. 

Sipping Tea Time GIF

Edited by Tate

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, Tate said:

I also think it's funny and so very true about @Beketov's comment over Z changing his username because I actually agree with that statement HOWEVER the hiring people ought to be doing their homework and looking at each person who applies, so you should've known it was him (and you likely did).  

I'm not saying we don't necessarily but you know as well as I do that a lot of time people very new to the league will immediately jump into applications that they aren't remotely ready for. So step 1 of widdlign it down is to immediately remove the people who we know aren't ready for the job. That's not going to involve checking the name history of every single person to make sure they haven't changed their name 5 times in the last year. Now obviously if I see that name I don't recognize associated with a VHLM GM tag then clearly I'll try a bit harder to make sure but I'm just saying that no one would be doing themselves any favors by making it harder to keep track of who they are. Long term activity goes a long way and making yourself look like you are new isn't a great way to get people to trust you.

Honestly, Imma also opinionize on this thread because it's definitely a hot topic.

Personally, as a VHLer, I am probably considered to be a semi-active member but definitely not the job-holding type, and definitely not an best people here, effectively rendering me an outside observer. However, I do have experience with applying for jobs in other leagues (and getting them), and this is definitely not helping anything for you. Hell, it's gonna hurt much more, because when you go out and publicly diss your bosses, common logic dictates that they will be much less likely to give you better jobs. From that screenshot I received and my experiences with you in the SBA, you also have failed at times to give me the vibe that you are mature and even-keeled enough to be entrusted with a storied professional franchise, and that's my inner EFL BOD member speaking. This probably sounds harsh, but instead of whining and complaining publicly that the system is slanted against you and you deserve another job because you're a "VHL cheerleader", you need to clean up your act, conduct yourself in a mature manner publicly, seek constructive feedback, and show the BOG that you are ready to be a VHL GM not only in terms of experience, but also in terms of character.

I know this is a very hot take and if people actually read this, it may yet set off a firestorm. So be it. I can only base my judgements off of what I have observed in my time in sim leagues.

This post is directed towards lil z only

Edited by NSG

Everything quiets down and then @NSG in here dropping bombs. 

And just for a matter of fact, to my knowledge, you and I have never had any dealings in the SBA.

If we’re going to have any dealings at all, it’s going to be at the YMCA!

They say it’s fun to stay there so…

Just now, Tate said:

Everything quiets down and then @NSG in here dropping bombs. 

And just for a matter of fact, to my knowledge, you and I have never had any dealings in the SBA.

If we’re going to have any dealings at all, it’s going to be at the YMCA!

They say it’s fun to stay there so…

Sorry I was not talking abiut you, I was talking about lil z

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, NSG said:

you need to clean up your act, conduct yourself in a mature manner publicly, seek constructive feedback, and show the BOG that you are ready to be a VHL GM not only in terms of experience, but also in terms of character.

Honestly look at @Dil. If you told me when he joined that in a few years he’d be a mod and a GM I would have laughed at you because he was an annoying kid. He’s still an annoying kid of course but he filed down the rough edges a bit.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly look at @Dil. If you told me when he joined that in a few years he’d be a mod and a GM I would have laughed at you because he was an annoying kid. He’s still an annoying kid of course but he filed down the rough edges a bit.

You know how hackers end up getting jobs for the NSA?

Yea......

18 hours ago, Tate said:

*whew*

Well, I guess we’re still on for the YMCA then?

They say it’s fun to stay at, so…

I will be VHL’s next savage rapper boy, and I’ll be going by the stage name of M.C. Ayy.

“Why M.C. Ayy?” you may ask. 

Simply because I’m fun to stay at. But also, I’ll be taking down all these fake fools with my slick beats.