We Are the World - S84 WORLD Cup Roster Reveal

Gustav

earth-ball.gif

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends!

It's time to put the "World" in "World Cup!" It's also time to put the "Cup" in "World Cup"! Or even just the "World Cup" in "World Cup"! With emphasis on both words! 

You know why you're here, and that's because it's time to talk rosters! Who's playing for Team World? Who's going to represent the "everywhere else" of the league? Who's going to show everyone the principles of strength in unity and out-needing the other nerds? There's only one team that can do that, and it's THE WORLD--all 5.97219 x 10^24 kilograms (try to figure that one out, team USA!) of it.

JOIN THE WORLD CUP SERVER HERE!

Let's get right to it.

First up, our FORWARDS!

Spoiler

She sells seashells on the seashore of Seychelles, off the coast of Africa and waving one of the coolest flags in the world. The top center for Team World is none other than...

🇸🇨 Ryan Vidot :dcd:

@Enorama

Spoiler

Drafted #1 in S81, this player aims to be the league's next great Japanese player! Ignoring the weebiness of it all, we'll announce...

🇯🇵 Nezuko :hel:

@Baozi

Spoiler

From first overall in S81, we go straight to the player ranked #1 in TPE for the S81 class at the time of the draft. We're proud to announce another representative of Seychelles here with...

🇸🇨 Zaza Colors :ldn:

@McWolf

Spoiler

Republic of the Congo! Which one, you ask? Well, the smaller one! The one without "Democratic" in the name, which could be either a good thing or a bad thing, though I can't say I know enough about African geopolitics to know that. This is a particularly exciting pick for me to announce, as it's a former player of mine in Davos!

🇨🇬 Darth Kaprizov :rig:

@Darth Kaprizov

Spoiler

Next up, we've got a player I had selected anyway, but who I would have selected purely for making fun of @Spartan...

🇨🇳 Yun Chiang :nya:

@nurx

Spoiler

It would be nice to have ourselves a Bosnia, but it would also be nice to have a Herzegovina. Turns out, we can have our cake and eat it too after all...

🇧🇦 Kakapo Bushtit :sea:

@Esso2264 ...

...WHO WILL FINALLY PLAY A GAME FOR ME ON HIS THIRD TIME ON MY ROSTER!

Let's move on to DEFENSE!

Spoiler

Team World's highest-TPE player comes from none other than Fiji, and is the nation's second-most well-known product after the thickest plastic on disposable water bottles you've seen in your life...

🇫🇯 Tui Sova :dcd:

@v.2

Spoiler

Straight after doing some good stuff in the playoffs, the best players show that they've got no time for slacking off. Let's hear it for India's finest!

🇮🇳 Hari Singh Nalwa :war:

@Dil

Spoiler

The debate as to whether Team World has selected a player from the African continent with two from Seychelles is about to be settled! With undeniable proof of the matter, here's a player from South Africa...

🇿🇦 Hammar Voss :hel:

@BOOM

Spoiler

The league's next great Japanese player has some competition! We've had one up front, now we've got one in the back...

🇯🇵 Ryuji Sakamoto :tor:

@der meister

Finally, it's time to talk GOALERS!

Spoiler

We won't talk around this one, other than to mention that it's one of my favorite names of all time, for...reasons...and also a product of Australia...

🇦🇺 David Davis :dav:

@Josh

Spoiler

From the desert to the ocean to the mountains we go! We've got one player left, and it's time to introduce a backup from Bhutan. We do hope that the name doesn't define the expectations, as we'll give you...

🇧🇹 Clueless Wallob :prg:

@DMaximus

Now, LET'S WIN US A TOURNAMENT!

🌎🌍🌏

5 minutes ago, Gustav said:

try to figure that one out, team USA!

wait aren't the other countries that use imperial going to be in world. Liberia and Myanmar. Guess we can figure that out if anyone actually creates a player from one of those counties.

1 minute ago, nurx said:

wait aren't the other countries that use imperial going to be in world. Liberia and Myanmar. Guess we can figure that out if anyone actually creates a player from one of those counties.

We shall provide lessons. Just not to America until after the tournament

12 minutes ago, Dil said:

I refuse to play for “rest of world”, team Pakistan please

Holy shit your player is Pakistani! I just assumed India because I'm an idiot; I'm sorry.

Consider it a Gustav moment

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

Holy shit your player is Pakistani! I just assumed India because I'm an idiot; I'm sorry.

Consider it a Gustav moment

This is how wars are started Gus. I mean El Salvador and Honduras fought a (albeit short) war due to a soccer game.

And considering the past between Pakistan and India...