DAV/RIG; S85

VHL Bot

Thanks @hedgehog337 For the Trade Talks!

@Alex Welcome To Davos! Although you're a terrible player that has never won anything. You peaked in your rookie season, your value being a 3rd round pick perfectly describes the shitty player you are.

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thanks @hedgehog337 For the Trade Talks!

@Alex Welcome To Davos! Although you're a terrible player that has never won anything. You peaked in your rookie season, your value being a 3rd round pick perfectly describes the shitty player you are.

Rookie season was 17 points?

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

I mean it's an expiring contract. It's either this or 0 return from him walking to FA.🤷‍♂️

Ah yeah strong arming another GM by saying "trade me to myself for shit value or I walk" is totally fine but doing the same thing in the draft isn't

53 minutes ago, rory said:

Ah yeah strong arming another GM by saying "trade me to myself for shit value or I walk" is totally fine but doing the same thing in the draft isn't

Well, we do not know for sure that some 'strong arming' was afoot... I think it is legitimate for any player to test the free market if they are not happy with their present franchise. And if the player has no NTC/NMC in the contract, Hedge could have shipped him off everywhere (well, everywhere where interest/cap space existed)... apparently this must have been the best offer he got for Johnston...

I doubt there were many offers for Johnston since he’s an expiring contract he could just refuse to sign with another team that could’ve traded for him. In this case it was hedge just getting literally anything for Johnston before he inevitably would’ve walked

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

I mean it's an expiring contract. It's either this or 0 return from him walking to FA.🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

I doubt there were many offers for Johnston since he’s an expiring contract he could just refuse to sign with another team that could’ve traded for him. In this case it was hedge just getting literally anything for Johnston before he inevitably would’ve walked

Yeah, but the correct move (IMO) is letting walk on principle. Davos has no other way of getting Alex’s player to the team, he can’t just sign as a FA. If he wanted his own player from my team, I’d make him pay for it. Else he can walk, I’d give up a 3rd in the interest of not giving my rival a free meal.

Also I get Riga isn’t competing this season, but they had more leverage in this trade than they seemed to think is what I’m getting at.

Edited by JardyB10

50 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Yeah, but the correct move (IMO) is letting walk on principle. Davos has no other way of getting Alex’s player to the team, he can’t just sign as a FA. If he wanted his own player from my team, I’d make him pay for it. Else he can walk, I’d give up a 3rd in the interest of not giving my rival a free meal.

Also I get Riga isn’t competing this season, but they had more leverage in this trade than they seemed to think is what I’m getting at.

So what you're saying is, you'll talk about this on your next podcast?

6 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

Alex has said he isn’t signing with any team that trades for him unless it’s Davos so…