The New - New York Americans GM

thadthrasher

winner loser GIF

At the tail end of S74, coming up on two years ago, I created my very first VHL player, Thadius Sales. He started his career as a waiver signing on the Halifax 21st under the leadership of @Dil. Shortly after that I was contacted by @Esso2264 , asking if I had any interest in being drafted to the New York Americans. Of course, I was excited that any GM wanted to draft me, but of all of the teams that there were, the Americans were the team that I really longed to be on. That's where it all began. Sales was drafted in the S75 36th Overall to the New York Americans, and there he played 5 seasons. My goal then was to have Sales be a franchise player for New York, and although it didn't work out that way, the moves made allowed for Sales to get a couple of cups and have a great end to his career.

At the beginning of my time here in the VHL I applied to be the GM for the S75 Team USA in the WJC, and I was hired by good 'ol @bigAL. That, combined with my player being drafted by the New York Americans, made me fall in love with the New York franchise. From that point on I have always wanted to see New York do well, even if I wasn't on the team any longer. While I have applied for every VHL GM job I could, I was incredibly excited to see New York come up as a possibility, and if there was any team in the VHL that I would want to manage, it's New York.

Now, I'm aware that New York gets A LOT of garbage dumped on it by the general population, and I'm totally prepared to shovel it right off and clean up New York as best as I can. It's been since S53 that New York has lifted the cup, and I think it's about time that this cup drought ends! Here's to a brighter future in New York!

Finally, please stand, remove you hats, and pay respect as we sing the greatest National Anthem to ever exist!