S85 - VHFL Group 6 - Complete

BarzalGoat

45 minutes ago, xNJDevilsFanx said:

That's not fair. I was waiting for eight hours on a response and the player you picked was retired.

If you miss two picks in a row you get eliminated, happened to me last season. Quite possible you can still be in it but with a lesser prize at the end. Good luck!

Edited by lil z

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, xNJDevilsFanx said:

That's not fair. I was waiting for eight hours on a response and the player you picked was retired.

There was no comment to correct the retired player, or any indication that your pick should have been on hold. You had 17 hours to make the pick before you were skipped and DQ'd, and it took an additional 23 hours since then for you to notice the DQ. The retired player simply didn't affect your pick or timer, hence the DQ.

It states clearly in the rules. 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:46 PM, BarzalGoat said:

If a member misses two picks without communicating to me or the GM - not necessarily consecutive, they will be disqualified and the team will be drafted by me or a filler I appoint.

I can offer you 50% the payout and you can finish your picks now if you would like. @xNJDevilsFanx else we'll keep you DQ'd and have it auto filled. 

Edited by Acydburn

2 hours ago, Acydburn said:

There was no comment to correct the retired player, or any indication that your pick should have been on hold. You had 17 hours to make the pick before you were skipped and DQ'd, and it took an additional 23 hours since then for you to notice the DQ. The retired player simply didn't affect your pick or timer, hence the DQ.

I can offer you 50% the payout and you can finish your picks now if you would like. @xNJDevilsFanx else we'll keep you DQ'd and have it auto filled. 

Agreed with this ruling

11 hours ago, Acydburn said:

This isn't fair. The group has been moving slowly and I'm the only one who gets punished for not picking? 

I smell a lot of bias. But, I will take the 50% discount just to get something out of the VHFL Group. I pick Sigurd Petrenko - F, and The Sea Bastard - D. 

4 hours ago, xNJDevilsFanx said:

This isn't fair. The group has been moving slowly and I'm the only one who gets punished for not picking? 

I smell a lot of bias. But, I will take the 50% discount just to get something out of the VHFL Group. I pick Sigurd Petrenko - F, and The Sea Bastard - D. 

Just to chip in since "bias" has been brought up, a slow moving group (the best examples I can see of that are the two Sunday picks which each clocked in at under 12 hours, which is within the timeframe to make a selection) does not equate to missing your pick entirely. You are the only one getting punished for not picking since you were the only person who....missed picks. This isn't biased at all, and the ruling was issued based off the rules and precedent. 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Just to chip in since "bias" has been brought up, a slow moving group (the best examples I can see of that are the two Sunday picks which each clocked in at under 12 hours, which is within the timeframe to make a selection) does not equate to missing your pick entirely. You are the only one getting punished for not picking since you were the only person who....missed picks. This isn't biased at all, and the ruling was issued based off the rules and precedent. 

It is biased because someone took 24 hours to pick their player, yet they didn't get punished. It was 12 hours for me and I get disqualified. I'll take this issue up with the admins.

6 minutes ago, xNJDevilsFanx said:

It is biased because someone took 24 hours to pick their player, yet they didn't get punished. It was 12 hours for me and I get disqualified. I'll take this issue up with the admins.

He made a pick within the timeframe, and the group kept moving, there were 3 picks after the retired player selection. He was made aware after the fact that his player was retired, then he reselected his player. The difference is that he actually made his initial pick during his pick window and corrected it after he was made aware, while you simply completely missed your pick window by 40 hours.

Feel free to appeal to a blue though if you'd like though, won't stop you there.

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

He made a pick within the timeframe, and the group kept moving, there were 3 picks after the retired player selection. He was made aware after the fact that his player was retired, then he reselected his player. The difference is that he actually made his initial pick during his pick window and corrected it after he was made aware, while you simply completely missed your pick window by 40 hours.

Feel free to appeal to a blue though if you'd like though, won't stop you there.

I didn't have 40 hours to make a pick, that's the problem. I only had 12 hours because i timed how long it would take of sadie to pick. The group's pace was slow too.