Junior Review: DMII (Marimoto's Return)

Bobo

The Return of the Mac (Darius Marimoto)

And yes, I'm back ;) 

Before I get started in telling the tale of one Darius Marimoto the 2nd, yes, I am back. For good this time, I promise. It’s been busy for good ol’ Bobo, and I needed some time away from the ‘V to focus on my life. But I’m back, and ready to dominate!

Now, y’all probably know the first Darius Marimoto at least somewhat well. Reapers legend, Chicago legend, VHL’s greatest right winger for like a season? Yeah, him. Well, he had some children, others of which weren’t as successful as his own DM the II. This kid played with confidence at all levels of competition. From Japan to the wonders of North America, the Marimoto hype train finally began to gain some steam again. Full send down the tracks of professional hockey. He was recruited by many collegiate-level programs from the NCAA and ACHA associations. He was a hot commodity for many households, and hockey fans around the country knew his name. The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor offered him what sounded like a great package; NIL deals and a top roster spot! He eventually declined, after hearing about the endless possibilities of a different league: the VHL!

His eyes sparkled and widened at the thought of suiting up for any club of this league, as his dad did once before many seasons ago. He was thrilled, yes, but also a bit scared. He was only 18, and had just gotten accustomed to the American way of living. He was ambitious, hungry, and determined however to hit the ice and give his all for any franchise that batted him an eye. Like his dad, he loves competition, and loved it while playing U18 in Japan before moving to the US. The feeling of thrill and adrenaline rushes through him while he plays, making him one of the most explosive players of his generation. They called him the rocketman in his league, and led the league in goals and points. “He’s light as a feather on the skates, and a workhorse on and off the ice. He’s an exemplary student in his classes, and a true leader in his community. A great next coming in the Marimoto family,” says the Japan Times in a recently published headline on the greatness of DMII. Truly one of a kind.

Now with him becoming another legend in the Darius pipeline, many VHLM teams have their sights set on the new Japanese phenom. The star-bound sharpshot landed a gig in Mexico City, and is playing on the second line. He has something to prove to an organization now, and the future is surely bright. Get hype. 

Spoiler

WORD COUNT: 446 WORDS